UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you’re right but when you think about it, it’s the only thing they could’ve done. CAS were telling them to shit or get off the pot and if they’d climbed down completely at this stage, they’d look like a right bunch of twats (not that they aren’t anyway), so they had to punish us and they’ve gone in harder than many anticipated to make it look like they’re in control and that their shitty regs have “teeth”. If they lose at CAS, it won’t exactly be the first time so they’ll probably shrug their shoulders and say “well, at least we tried”.

On another note, although he’s the main man, I don’t think Ceferin is the bad egg in all this. He gave an interview last year where he effectively called out Tebas for being a ****, and I think he just wants an acceptable solution for all parties.

Yes he's no doubt a patsy. A bit like a Trump underling who needs the job but realises he's representing a despot.

I'll start - banned for 2 years and we're still ere

We could do a new one to the chorus of boyzones no matter what. Before the mocking starts the Bernardo song was to an Abba tune lol!

No matter how long they ban us, however they attack, we are Man City forever and we'll keep on coming back.

We can't deny what we believe, can't be what we're not, we know our love's forever, we're Blue's no matter what.

We have just 10 days to lodge an appeal.
On the BBC it also says that in lodging the appeal City also need to ask for the ban to be set aside until the appeal is heard or the punishment will still apply.

Seems a bit odd? We ask and could be told sorry but no?

I'm not sure, but Barcelona famously had their transfer ban suspended while the appeal process took place and used that to sign Suarez and a shitload of other players. I know that Chelsea had separate appeals against the summer ban and winter ban, and they won their most recent appeal in December.
I think that's why they changed the rules which caught out Chelsea. Various clubs were stocking up players when they appealed which circumvented their ban.

Personally, I think this won't apply to us, but not a legal expert, it's not in our interests, (recruitment, possible new manager etc) to have the uncertainty of a possible 2 year ban hanging over us?

We have just 10 days to lodge an appeal.
Is that with UEFA themselves or with the CAS? Because I know that Chelsea initially appealed to FIFA for their transfer ban, which took 3 months, and then took it to the CAS. Either way, I'm sure they have a case prepared.
I would be absolutely shocked if Khaldoon didn’t have an app developed specifically for this occasion which, when opened, presents only one giant graphical sky blue button to push, which simultaneously sends all of our appeal documents to the appropriate courts, ‘advisory’ statements to various press entities, and large text “FUCK OFF” emails to the executives of the various cartel clubs (with a few redacted documents concerning their clandestine activities attached to give them a small taste of what is to come)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.