Manchester City 5-2 Tottenham Hotspur - 94/95

HelloCity

Were you there?

One of the best City games and performances from the 1990’s.

John Motson after the game:

“The finest match I’ve seen this season. Indeed, the best in entertainment & attacking context that I’ve been privileged to see for many years in the English league.

This was a throwback to how football used to be and hopefully how it’s getting to be again now”

A pretty incredible statement from Motson there at the end of the game. You’d never get a commentator making comments like that about non title competing sides now.

Were you there?

One of the best City games and performances from the 1990’s.

John Motson after the game:

“The finest match I’ve seen this season. Indeed, the best in entertainment & attacking context that I’ve been privileged to see for many years in the English league.

This was a throwback to how football used to be and hopefully how it’s getting to be again now”

A pretty incredible statement from Motson there at the end of the game. You’d never get a commentator making comments like that about non title competing sides now.

One of Beagries finest games and Paul Walsh was outstanding that day.

Probably in my top five ever City games. A brilliant spectacle of attacking football, from both sides. Properly buzzed of that game for months, maybe even years. Can still remember the starting line-up off the top of my head (although will probably now get it wrong):

Dibble

Edghill
Brightwell
Curle
Phelan

Flitcroft
Lomas

Summerbee
Walsh
Quinn
Beagrie

An unorthodox 4-2-4. Great days. Almost as good was the 4-3 at Loftus Road a few days later(?).

Probably in my top five ever City games. A brilliant spectacle of attacking football, from both sides. Properly buzzed of that game for months, maybe even years. Can still remember the starting line-up off the top of my head (although will probably now get it wrong):

Dibble

Edghill
Brightwell
Curle
Phelan

Flitcroft
Lomas

Summerbee
Walsh
Quinn
Beagrie

An unorthodox 4-2-4. Great days. Almost as good was the 4-3 at Loftus Road a few days later(?).
In my minds eye before clicking on the video I have uwe playing and scoring ....

Yep, relocated to the North Stand for a season as the Kippax was being rebuilt. A few goals were scored at the North Stand right in front of me

Summerbee got some really undeserved stick as a city player, although he lacked pace, he was an intelligent player (like Ricky Holden). That 4-2-4 was up there with the best I've seen over the last 40 years in terms of excitement.

Reactions: SJC
I was in the first few rows of the North Stand behind the goal. Spurs had some great players in that team but were easy to score against.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.