Hypothetically, if we lose the appeal, how would we cope?

To cover all the bases just in case, get Sheikh Mansour to pay a visit to the Etihad for the home game against Madrid in a blacked out 76 seater coach, spewing 100's of £50 notes out of the windows as it goes along Ashton New Road whilst blarting out the Chumps League ditty at full blast..

Get him to pull up outside the UEFA deligates stadium entrance and say

"I'm looking for Khaldoon as I have half a billion pounds in cash on the bus (minus a fair few £50 pound notes obviously) to invest in City but don't tell them greasy UEFA people as they are a bunch of ****'s" ..

Thank him for his assistance and stick a handful of 50's in his top pocket (he'll like that).. then drive the bus around the back for unloading..!

Fcuk' em..!

Yes, I appreciate what you mean. More specifically EUFA find City guilty of "overstating its sponsorship revenue....." according to the BBC. This does not seem serious to me. A 2 year ban seems completely disproportionate to the "crimes". If City were guilty of something illegal such as racism then I guess the punishment would be a 50k fine. I wonder if CAS will take a similar view?
Let’s hope we don’t come back late at half time in Madrid, that really will finish us.

If we lose the appeal , it will change our plans for at least five years , no doubt the club has a contingency plan but we will have to cut our cloth to suit new budgets , attracting big sponsors would be nigh on impossible , current sponsors will require their clauses for lack of Champs league football imposing at the end of the season. Quite sure Pep will see out his contract but our top players like KDB,Raheem.Bernardo,Laporte,Ederson,Sane,Jesus will be targeted and encouraged by their agents to leave. Others like Cancelo,Mendy,Mahrez who have not been value for money will more than likely jump ship as well.
It will be good for players like Foden,Garcia,Bellis,Doyle who hopefully will progress over the next two to three years , and if the worst case scenario does take place the fees for the players mentioned will be well over a billion , i can see the club retaining Walker,Stones,Zinchenko,Dinho,Otto,Aguero,Gundo,Rodri and we would be buying younger ambitous players who are not the finished article instead of buying current £50-60m off the shelf international players
All the above is the worst case scenario a total overhaul of our squad and a couple of seasons of top six finishes , and CFG can then gradually build and invest and return the club to the top table.
UEFA have done a cracking job for the G14 clubs , they have well and truly screwed us , hopefully even if CAS do agree with UEFA's findings , the club will take it to the ECJ and blow FFP out of the water and the compensation figure would be in the billions. No matter what happens we have a hardcore support of 40k , and we should retain the majority of the tourists / daytrippers , we are still a big club with our without the Champs league , but it looks like we have hit a bump in the road reagarding dominating european football.
I’m sure we would lose a few of our star players and others are close to retirement. But our players are generally very well paid, on good contracts. So I think we might be able to hold onto players such as Bernardo, Ederson, Mahrez, Mendy etc. At least most of them. I don’t see the squad being decimated. I think the need to ensure that we comply with FFP might mean that we would not be able to compete with Liverpool for the PL title for the next two seasons. A top 6 finish next year as we go through transition would be fine by me, but it’s essential we finish Top 4 the following season.

If we are going to be banned, it would be better to just get it over with and have it for the next 2 seasons.
If it's delayed for a year, it will still affect our recruitment as players may not want to come if they won't be in champion's league for 2 years in years 2 and 3.

it wouldn't be nice, there wuld be some damages, but I'm ure you know better than me that this club coped with bigger shit and is strong enough to come back to the top.

I’m something of a glass half full person so not that confident of overturning the ban. Would it be the disaster some of the press are predicting?
Or just a blip?

How would we cope with loss of £100m pa + of CL income plus other income and still be able to meet FFP requirements in 3 years time?

If, for example, we have to sell Sterling, KDB and Sané for say £300m combined would that be enough to cover FFP losses whilst we’re out of the CL?

if we sell those three and Aguero, Silva and Fernandinho also leave, how much would we cut the wage bill by? How much scope would we have to replace them, assuming we might try to manage with a smaller squad in the absence of Cl football?

if the objective is merely to ensure we qualify for the CL in 22/23 without FFP hanging over us, could we put together a squad capable of doing that?

Were not going to lose
It will get overturned.

To cover all the bases just in case, get Sheikh Mansour to pay a visit to the Etihad for the home game against Madrid in a blacked out 76 seater coach, spewing 100's of £50 notes out of the windows as it goes along Ashton New Road whilst blarting out the Chumps League ditty at full blast..

Get him to pull up outside the UEFA deligates stadium entrance and say

"I'm looking for Khaldoon as I have half a billion pounds in cash on the bus (minus a fair few £50 pound notes obviously) to invest in City but don't tell them greasy UEFA people as they are a bunch of ****'s" ..

Thank him for his assistance and stick a handful of 50's in his top pocket (he'll like that).. then drive the bus around the back for unloading..!

Fcuk' em..!

Where do I stand on Ashton new road ro pick up these £50s up please. ;-D???

In this years Champs League we’ve played Dynamo Zagreb, Shaktar Donetsk and Atalanta - if any player wants to leave on the strength of not playing in an ‘elite’ competition then they know where the door is

If the ban is upheld then it will effect the club from a sponsorship and recruitment perspective. Selling good players and buying cheap ones is very rarely a positive strategy but a City team with 11 top players and a bench full of youth, with not European competition would still finish 1st or 2nd

There are loads of shit teams in the division and the PL money is significant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.