UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a bad few days since the news broke, half expected or not. Trolls and the biased media, with one or two rare exception's, revelling in it all.

I have come to the conclusion it is best to forget it until a final decision is made. I have ranted and raged, fell out with a few on here, apologies, but it is pointless really. All we can do is get behind the team and get involved with any protests at the games. Talking about it will solve nothing, even all the knowledgeable posters here have been wrong every step of the way so anything we add is pure speculation.

Trying to avoid any football related stuff involving us that doesn't mention this is going to be difficult but I'll try. Fingers crossed we beat the bastards!

The emails state 'HH' = High Highness = Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the ruler of Abu Dhabi .

Sheikh Mansour and all the other male members of the royal family are 'HE' = His Excellency.

On that point alone there is no validity whatsoever in claims by UEFA or the hostile media that Sheikh Mansour (or ADUG) paid Etihad's sponsorship money.

If this is the case, they are saying Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan was lying to euafa to get around FFP. Don't think he will like being called a liar.

Thinking this through, the allegations suggest money came from Etihad and another source (as you say above, unidentified). The leaked emails are the source. If, in return, City can demonstrate through Etihad's accounts that the monies paid by Etihad tally with what we claimed then this is porbably why we are saying irrefutable. To refute the paper trail EUFA who have to allege that Eithad had falsified their accounts and have some proof beyond the hacked emails for this which, I presume, would be a very tall order for them.

I'm feeling more confident now.

The only missing link for me is why things heated up so easy (slap on wrist to a 2 year ban). I was kind of wondering what had changed. The only thing I can think of is the Messi rumours?
In relation to your last paragraph, it has been suggested on here that the 2 year ban may well be linked to Ceferin's attendance at the CL game last November. He may well have come to broker a deal in relation to the whole matter, and City have stood their ground and told him politely where to go. UEFA has obviously seen it's arse and gone the whole hog with the ban and fine.

A source close to the City squad believes some players will want to leave if the ban is not overturned. The club’s leading names have no need to line up potential moves before the outcome of the CAS case as they know they will not be short of suitors. [
@TheAthleticUK
]

a bit concerning but understandable

Doubt there is any truth to that. Who would leave? The majority of our player’s contract run up to and beyond the summer of 2023. Even with a ban we would be back in the CL by that point so why would anyone leave if we do not permit it?

Just a quick reminder as i'm in the middle of a few governance related publications:

What exactly is FFP? It was introduced by Uefa to prevent clubs that qualify for its competitions from spending beyond their means and stamp out what their president Michael Platini called "financial doping" within football.

Michel Platini was banned from all Football related activity for taking a bung of £1.35 million from disgraced FIFA president Sepp Blatter in 2015.
It is also alleged that he took a bung in relation to his vote for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup. He was arrested in France in June 2019 following new evidence.

In Andrew Jenning's book The Dirty Game, he doesn't describe FIFA as being just currupt but more like an Organised Crime Syndicate.

Jenning's revelations led to the downfall of Blatter and many other FIFA executives.

Doubt there is any truth to that. Who would leave? The majority of our player’s contract run up to and beyond the summer of 2023. Even with a ban we would be back in the CL by that point so why would anyone leave if we do not permit it?

Let's say for instance Kev went to the scousers (Considering he isn't guaranteed CL football with the rags) imagine the shitstorm he would cause it wouldn't be worth it to him IMHO, he's a decent bloke from what I can see. As long as they are being paid the same as they are now they might just show some loyalty, that's my head in the clouds take on it anyhow.

just catching up reading but not fast enough, as someone has pointed out city could've in theory so;d sergio like liverpool sold Coutinho bagged a load of money passed ffp then spent again we cant rewind now

Will City's appeal to CAS be based on a flawed investigation process that we believe was prejudiced, or can we go into interpretations about the meaning of certain pieces of evidence?

i believe it is the former and this is a bit disappointing and limiting because most of UEFA's case (that we breached their rules) seems flawed to me and based on interpretations of related parties, and the government of Abu Dhabi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.