Running thread

thanks! going back 4 years I was a very good experienced runner (I found a run on the nike app that I did in June 2015 which was 8k in 42 mins), having run all through my school years for the county and local club.. but I stopped and now need to start the journey again.

Yes. I think most people dip in and out mate just the way life is.

I have only just got back into it myself after a few years of ticking over and struggling with my knee. Lots of stretches and strength work has helped esp being in my 40s now.

So I finally plucked up the courage and got outdoors last week and did 2x 5k and then went on the treadmill on Friday for another 5k. Outdoors was tough, its going to take a few weeks to get used to different breathing, dealing with wind, uneven surfaces and hills of course. I have signed up for the Manchester half in October, with the aim of raising money for St Lukes hospice in Winsford. Ive downloaded a 1/2 marathon training programme but obviously I'm in no rush with that, I know I need to get to 10k first, has anyone got any good 10k plans they've used? Also, I need a new book to read, anyone read anything running related that they would recommend?
Go running after you have had a dump. I run first thing in the morning after breakfast. I have a bowl of porridge which stimulates the bowel movement. Then a large sloppy dump lightens the load and relieves the wind and good to go!

Missed out this weekend. All prepared to challenge my Park Run PB but went out for a warm up jog around 8 and I was slipping and sliding on ice. Its treacherous at the best of times, on tarmac around water, so gave it a miss.

Did a longer run instead later on and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Been a good week run wise 2x17ks and 2 x10ks.

Fair play, that’s a decent commitment across a week. Is that 10 miles? The most I’ll tend to run in a single go nowadays is about 70 mins, which I think is about 8 miles or so.
This time of year esp, it can be hard to find the time to do runs that length with less daylight.

Fair play, that’s a decent commitment across a week. Is that 10 miles? The most I’ll tend to run in a single go nowadays is about 70 mins, which I think is about 8 miles or so.
This time of year esp, it can be hard to find the time to do runs that length with less daylight.

About 10.6 miles. Ramped it up a bit this week. Trying to do a long run each weekend, plus the Park run and get two 10ks in midweek. Fortunately I work 5 mins from the beach so try and get out on my dinner along the promenade.

Been struggling with a knee injury from playing football just before Xmas which has dampened my running a bit.
Did 12 miles on Sunday morning but suffered at a slow pace, tonight did 7 miles at 8:15 pace to see how I’d be for this Sunday’s Mad dog 10k and felt absolutely fine at the quicker pace, don’t think the slow pace helps as not striding out as much.

Been laid low with a chesty cough at the end of Jan so not been out as much and my times have dropped away a bit.

Did Park run on Saturday which was primarily across muddy fields so avoiding injury was just as important as the time, so came home around 22:20 but gave my new Soloman trail shoes their first proper workout.

Following day the Tatton 10k, which I would recommend to everybody. Obviously the wind was a big factor so a bit tough as you are exposed on the course and between 5-7K its a constant incline which is a bit gruelling if you have set off too quickly. Fair play over 400 turned Up which was fantastic considering the weather conditions and I finished well under 45:30 which was my target.

Hoping to kick on now to achieve a sub 20 park run and get half marathon ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.