UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The statement from UEFA doesn't specifically refer to any particular sponsorship but yes the accusation is that declared income from sponsors was overstated.

We're going to have to wait until appeal is over to get the specifics.
Which wouldn't be an issue if it was at 'fair value' but by their metrics it isn't?

Just because he’s half Pakistani, it doesn’t absolve him from (allegedly) being a racist!!!
I have many friends and neighbours with a S.Asia background. In my experience a fair few are casually racist towards black ppl. Arabs? I don't know. I'll ask, er, maybe not.

T

The supreme irony in all of this is that if the Etihad deal is deemed fair value, that means that it is in line with the amount we could have obtained from any other unrelated party transaction.

I.e. the revenues we've received are in themselves entirely reasonable. And therefore UEFA's only possible beef is a technicality, if anything.

We have not artificially inflated our revenues nor venefitted from any such revenues. We could have got the money if not from Etihad, then from ant number of other potential sponsors.

So a 2 year ban is imposed for an alleged technical breach rather than any material advantage gained by us? Absolutely ridiculous judgement in every respect.

It would have more credibility if they had just banned us with the justification "We don't like you."

I'm pretty sure that one of the leaked emails was about another sponsorship deal other than the Etihad one. Cant remember exactly what it read, but it was something along the lines of "we are short of x amount to meet ffp and you need you to pay us additional x amount."

I hope the above is correct but there is an earlier post on here referencing Sheikh Mansour’s twitter which the username appears to be “HHMansoor” - that account has 1.3 million followers, is that his genuine account and if so it casts confusion on this area of who HH is being referred to?

When I did a quick search there were several titter accounts in his name.

I've been rightly corrected on the 'HE' point which I got wrong but other posters have confirmed that Mansour and other members of theroyal family are referred to as 'HH' with their names immediately following (as in HH Sheikh Mansour). 'HH' on its own refers either to the ruler of Abu Dhabi or the crown prince with opinions on this varying. However, what has been established is that 'HH' on its own can't refer to Mansour.

Just caught up with the overnight thread. Some fantastic stuff on here. A source of debate, analysis and new information you wouldn’t find anywhere else.

It's interesting, isn't it, that we know for a fact journalists read these threads yet I wonder if any will pick up on the Etihad/Executive Council email like @Prestwich_Blue.

From Der-Spiegel leaked email analysis
"As we discussed, the annual direct obligation for Aabar is GBP 3 million," Pearce wrote. "The remaining 12 million GBP requirement will come from alternative sources provided by His Highness."

With just a single sentence, Pearce confirmed the accusations that his club had repeatedly, indignantly rejected: Namely, that His Highness, Sheikh Mansour, paid a portion of the sponsoring money himself!

Der-Spiegel have clearly assumed that His Highness is Sheikh Mansour

Pearce, highly experienced Abu Dhabi protocol, won's have made a simple mistake as BlueAnorak said above doing so leads to being bollocked

Even if HH is Mansour, what are alternate sources? Could they be shareholders in the companies that are providing the sponsorship. I don't see how that's proof that Mansour provided the shortfall himself.

We have to hope he didn't make a mistake because City are currently getting bollocked...

If HH always refers to one person (not Mansour) then evidence will be there. What a great way to justify it! An easy off tye record chat to say, we need it to be from Mansour but put HH just this once!

My take on it is that Ethihad were going through and still are a tough time and needed a cash injection which came from the government of Abu Dhabi . All the experts are linking it to city but if you look at there portfolio of who they sponcer it is huge Sydney opera House to the MLS with basketball rugby and athletes in between

The prem case rests on the UEFA verdict and would fall if we were cleared by CAS. The prem could quite legitimately bring its own case but they would have to start ab initio and produce evidence. If CAS had declared the email as not cogent, the prem would probably just let it go.
When this is over, we can legitimately ask why the prem, knowing that one of their members was under attack, decided to attack as well. The answer, of course, would be Livar-rags.
Thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.