UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should we have taken another “pinch/ fine and admission of technical error”. It would have just given them more ammo downstream to say. “See, they’ve admitted they’ve done it before”.

I’m hoping that Khaldoon and the gang are so sure that our evidence is watertight. UEFA should not be underestimated. They’re no mugs, they can normally bully and pressure the lesser teams.
They’ve found us “guilty” because we are now stepping on the toes of their favourite cartel and look like surpassing them. They can’t have that, so, they have had to come up with a way to ‘put us back in our place’, yet PSG, who committed EXACTLY the same ‘technical’ errors, walked away without punishment.
No agenda??? Get fücked.

Or maybe there's a level of confidence because UEFA have a history of losing at CAS?

UEFA must have had something on PSG to take them to CAS! Oh wait they got the case thrown out.

UEFA must have had something on Lyon to take them to CAS! Oh wait they got the case thrown out.

UEFA must have had something on AC Milan to take them to CAS! Oh wait, they rejected UEFA's ban and told the Adjudicatory board to make a sensible punishment.

One of the parties in this dispute has a long a storied history of overplaying its hand, over punishing clubs and getting slapped down by an independent panel (CAS). That party is not Manchester City.

Being a City fan that fills me with trepidation. Like when a team comes to City bottom of the league not having won a game for months or when a player like Traore hasn't scored for eons.

Sorry Frank but I disagree.

The club are insisting that they have done nothing wrong.

In the past they accepted an arrangement like you describe and UEFA have now gone back to that period and opened up the can of worms again.

If the club are right, then they have to stand up for their integrity.

If they accept another deal they are admitting guilt.

100% see that point of view. We all want the American movie ending where we are found innocent of all charges and everyone cheers and walks off into the sunshine.

But this is undoubtedly done us huge damage even if we win that wont go away.

Last edited:
'PB's document' should be discussed by the football-finance experts. It's central to UEFA's case against City. Was the UAE sponsorship legitimate?
Apparently the value of the sponsorship is not the issue, especially when considering the PSG deal.

The issue is the origin of the funds.

There is a huge amount of wishful thinking in this thread I’d say.

In an ideal world we would win the CAS appeal on all points and the sanctions would be cancelled. We would then go to a court of law (Swiss court?) and again we would need to win comprehensively. Then any appeal by UEFA would have to be rejected and then we would pursue them for exemplary damages. This would result in FFP being dropped and possibly the end of UEFA in its current form.

How likely is any of that? Only the first part (CAS appeal) has much chance of success I reckon. The rest is wishful thinking unfortunately.

Yet an army of lawyers, City took up to 8 to the original CAS appeal, say otherwise

No city pre-match press conference but I think we have to give a post-match press conference

There is a huge amount of wishful thinking in this thread I’d say.

In an ideal world we would win the CAS appeal on all points and the sanctions would be cancelled. We would then go to a court of law (Swiss court?) and again we would need to win comprehensively. Then any appeal by UEFA would have to be rejected and then we would pursue them for exemplary damages. This would result in FFP being dropped and possibly the end of UEFA in its current form.

How likely is any of that? Only the first part (CAS appeal) has much chance of success I reckon. The rest is wishful thinking unfortunately.

You know this how ?

I trust Khaldoon against that band of corrupt cheats at UEFA all day every day.

After the events of the last few days I cant help but think that City have made a huge strategic error. Apparently we were offered a way out of this with a technical breach and small fine. (Similar to the Fifa case). By refusing to negotiate it seems we have pushed UEFA to go nuclear with us.

Even if the ban is overturned by Cas this doesnt clear us and its my understanding we have to carry the fight on in Swiss courts(?).

Even if we are eventually cleared which is far from certain the reputational damage of the ban and potential future case with UEFA is enormous. Pretty much the whole footballing world has heard Manchester City are cheats for the last few days and will narative will continue and wont stop even if we win the case. It will turn to, 'well what did you expect when they can buy the bsst lawyers'

Wouldn't it have been sensible to take the fine and carry on as normal. Who would care apart from Johny from Liverpool on twitter.

By taking this risk we have potentially affected our ability to compete for the next 3 4 years but also will forever be known as cheats. We can all argue with internet warriors till we are blue in the face but the label will surely affect out ability to attract commercial sponsorship and grow our fan base in the developing football markets such as India, China and the US.
This has been raised on numerous occasions since Friday and it does have a degree of validity. Firstly we don't know if a deal was offered and if so what it entailed. Clearly if such a deale existed the club felt obliged to reject it. To say they made a "huge strategic error" is a sweeping statement unless you have knowledge the rest of us don't. My belief is rather than being offered a way out we we presented with no option but to go nuclear with them. My only concern about all this is that they have a lot more evidence of wrong doing than what has already entered the public domain if not they will pay dearly for any financial and reputational damage they may have or will cause us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.