UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something occurred to me , its interesting that Khaldoon said he'd rather spend 30 Million on lawyers and keep them in court for 10 years...

Then the fine turns up and its... 30M...

Maybe the club knew what the punishment was going to be ahead of the release date...

Its a strange number to pluck out of the air, 10, 50, 100 maybe more naturally pop into ones head in such moments.

Wasn't our original fine 50m, of which 30m was suspended?

And that is our argument to CAS. Based on the information we submitted to UEFA have they followed the right procedure and protocols to arrive at their decision. They reviewed our information, we failed to hit FFP targets and they fined us and gave us a reduced squad. Then some emails came out that they believed to confirm we had misled them. So they reviewed us again and brought in an additional fine and ban. If it is based on an email where HH is referenced, and we have confirmed this isn't who they think it is, then it wouldn't appear they have followed a due process in making their decision. Furthermore, it is clear from the US evidence into gulf airlines, that Etihad secured funding from Abu Dhabi state and that corroborates our argument about who HH is and where those funds came from. Not from our owner as an attempt to be compliant...

Furthermore, why would City get their owner to pump in funds when we missed the (revised) FFP target anyway. That would be pointless. The fact we were fined and punished anyway should have some bearing on the context of this new information UEFA have processed.

CAS will hopefully review the information and feel City provided enough evidence to disprove the hacked emails and their allegations and UEFA didn't undertake a fair process in coming to their verdict.
UEFA likely think they have covered for any discrepancies with the "We failed to be cooperative with the investigation " charge.

We will get the blame

If CAS are ruling on the UEFA due diligence and process, failing to read our compiled evidence etc and find them guilty, then surely they must fully overturn? If it’s not about FFP itself, that will go to an actual court, likely Switzerland.

It’s black and white this, the more I think about it. If they’ve botched their own investigation work then CAS have to throw this away. How could they possibly reduce the punishment if they rule in our favour?

It has to be all or nothing, surely?

I'm not convinced the legal process is a lottery. If we have a strong fact based case, we should win if we are being judged by competent impartial officials. The problem is that UEFA are patently not impartial and I don't view any of football's governing bodies as especially competent.
Note also that CAS is not a court but an arbitrator.

I think UEFA would have just kept coming back to get us at the first opportunity. With hindsight we should have taken them on last time and not taken the pinch. This battle was always giong to happen. The timing could be better but I think we were backed into a corner. Why should we plead guilty if we are innocent?

I'm with you on that - I was thinking exactly the same earlier. City took the pinch no doubt on the understanding that it was an honourable agreement which suited both parties to get it out of the way. As it turns out, there's no honour or principles within UEFA & it's cartel. They change their own rules to suit the chosen few. Now that PSG and the Qatari riches are in the tent pissing out we are very much alone and unless we take UEFA on this time they will keep coming for us at every opportunity they can contrive. Like it or not, I believe it's Shit or Bust time.

that's a very interesting read, particularly the 10 year battle through the ECHR, and deferment of sanctions until such time as due process is complete. That was a fairly simple case too, involving 1 man and a (with respect) minor club in a minor league.

Our situation is obviously more complex and has significantly greater implications.

That is actually GDM !!

Really! And here was me thinking...

ShimmeringAmusingGreatargus-small.gif

Matthew Syed is guest speaker at the ASCL conference this year in Birmingham on March 13th/14th.
Laughably the theme of the conference is Diversity. Yet here is another middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women.
I believe Syed to be racist as well as a cheat and I’m looking forward to asking him some questions

From Wikipedia "Syed was born in Reading, Berkshire. His father, Abbas Syed, is a Pakistani immigrant to Britain who converted from Shia Islam to Christianity, and his mother is Welsh." - please check sources before you make claims of racism.

Simon Pearce works at senior levels throughout Abu Dhabi government and state owned businesses and would never make a mistake like that in a billion years.
But he wasn't smart enough to have sensitive financial conversations on a secure encrypted system as happens in major organisations across the world and even in small local authorities who handle residents' confidential financial data but not on an open email system. We can all agreee that we have been stitched up by UEFA but this whole farce has been a failure of management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.