UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to win if only because we’ll get to see this prick doing a piece outside the Etihad eating a shit load of humble pie.
It will never happen! Those vile journo cünts have never said anything good or will ever apologise for anything they write. Ban them/remove their Gold Standard hospitality, zero interviews. They’ll start changing their attitude.

What's wrong with the AD ruler bailing the national airline out of financial difficulty.

As long as the money isn't traceable to Mansour What's the problem.

It is traceable though that's the problem the leaked emails prove that.

That's another brilliant piece in the New York Times which puts the UK media to shame. I know some on here have criticised the NYT (and they have got some things wrong) but they seem to be the only news outlet which understands the bigger picture. Perhaps the US media has a better insight into the politics of sport and finance. A lot of the coverage in the English mainstream media has just been totally moronic.
Rory Smith and Miguel Delaney are buddies, Tariq Panaja is in that dickhead circle too. They can all get to fuck.

On his Twitter feed, Rory claims that FFP doesn't stop any team joining the elite because they can still spend on stadiums, academies and infrastructure so you can join them slowly. Which investor wants that? He then says teams that have been transformed into members of the elite because of good managers are Gladbach, Lazio and Atletico Madrid. FUCKING MENTAL - i don't know much about Gladbach but they're not part of the elite, Lazio and Atleti are well known to have over spent in years gone, their success is a mixture of buying talent, rest of the league having poor seasons and luck. He then goes on to mention how Chelsea changed their entire model because they assumed FFP was real. I'm sorry, but Chelsea spent millions upon millions before they became self-sufficient and now they have the luxury to be able to change their model and i'd argue changing their model was more to do with business and Roman stepping away, than FFP. He argues that FFP has nothing to do with City, it just 'happened' to come along the same time as us. I've even seen one of them nobs post something about an article from 2006 where FFP was being discussed, that's all great but it was being discussed about DEBT at that time and by the time they bothered getting it in they had changed the whole thing so it didn't fuck over teams like Real Madrid and United.

Panaja is a well known Liverpool fan and pushed the De Spiegel stuff, NYT can fuck off.

Exactly, having gone back and watched and read the evidence you are right. The money has come from AD revenues so while not directly funded by SM he and his assets (ADUG) have been benefactors of this and have used it to their advantage. They have breached FFP on a technicality. What City are appealing here is that UEFA would not listen to any evidence and had reached a punishment before the investigation began. If they are successful in this appeal they will have their sanction reduced but not removed. They are guilty on a technicality whether we like it or not and have made a huge error of judgment and have deliberately played UEFA's system. FFP is unfair as it ensures that world football is dominated by certain clubs.

Their own ignorance and contempt in which they hold UEFA has put us in a right mess. I just can't believe that our owners have been so stupid as to have these type of conversations by unencrypted email that could easily be hacked. Unbelievable.
Please could you reference your evidence?

Exactly, having gone back and watched and read the evidence you are right. The money has come from AD revenues so while not directly funded by SM he and his assets (ADUG) have been benefactors of this and have used it to their advantage. They have breached FFP on a technicality. What City are appealing here is that UEFA would not listen to any evidence and had reached a punishment before the investigation began. If they are successful in this appeal they will have their sanction reduced but not removed. They are guilty on a technicality whether we like it or not and have made a huge error of judgment and have deliberately played UEFA's system. FFP is unfair as it ensures that world football is dominated by certain clubs.

Their own ignorance and contempt in which they hold UEFA has put us in a right mess. I just can't believe that our owners have been so stupid as to have these type of conversations by unencrypted email that could easily be hacked. Unbelievable.

It needs to be remembered that this is a challenge on the ruling and not a challenge on FFP.

Ultimately it depends on how UEFA came to the conclusion that we are guilty although I think it will be because the evidence was lacking on certain details so they've assumed guilt.

Trying to get an Abu Dhabi company to release their confidential non-football related business dealings to a third party for football reasons is highly unlikely to work.

I thought that too, if we are right then it shouldnt be reduced it should be completely taken away. But i think even if UEFA are right then the punishment is too harsh, and so CAS will reduce it?

...all the indications are that CFG won't accept anything...reduction in the length of ban, removal of the ban but still a fine...other than a complete removal of all sanctions. They obviously feel that evidence has been ignored - maybe something like later emails that supersede the hacked ones that have been treated as evidence - so in effect an email was sent stating 'you sponsor us for £60 mill, but you only pay us £8 mill and HRH will pay the rest', but later an email was pinged saying along the lines of 'having given the matter further thought, we're not proceeding on those lines'.

That's why I'm hoping that they're so confident... and not because of a load of whataboutery about what other clubs with stronger links to uefa have been up to. If it is the latter, then whilst we may embarrass uefa and the clubs involved, we'll get slapped senseless whilst the authorities shout 'they're not under investigation, you are'.

Ideally we'll have evidence that contradicts the hacked emails AND evidence of the underhanded behaviour of other clubs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.