UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFA refusing to look at evidence presented by City makes no sense. They could have at least said "thanks for that, we will have a look that after lunch". By refusing to even acknowledge it opens them up to being laughed out of court. I know they are hated on here but they can't be that thick and irresponsible. This case is going to cost them thousands of man-hours, millions of Euro and potentially multipples of that if they lose. It just can't be that simplistic.

They didn't want to see it as they were too concerned with pushing upstairs before the deadline. Its possible the the AC may have asked for this later on and we have then told them to fuck off and make your decision on what you have as legally it may have put us in a better position? Is that where the failed to cooperate bit from UEFA comes from?

I think that is quite likely.

With AC Milan, CAS ruled UEFA's punishment of a 2 year ban was way too much and sent it back to the Adjudicatory Chamber to go and come up with a sensible punishment. Then Milan fell out of the CL spots and accepted a ban in a deal with UEFA so they didn't have to play in the Europa.

IIRC CAS overturned that decision completely aslong as they could balance their books by 2021, but then Milan breached FFP rules again and that's when they agreed to the one year ban.

The case will come down to what evidence UEFA has been able to compile to supplement the leaked emails. If its the leaked emails and tumbleweed (which is what City are hedging), then I reckon we will give 'em an absolute bath in CAS - after all we are in a position of power in all this, in terms of having access to 'context documents' that UEFA simply has no jurisdiction to get - even with whatever information gathering powers they have under FFP. If UEFA has done the hard yards, corroborated what is implied by the dirty emails through other evidence - then we are up a creek most likely, and deservedly so if other evidence can support their arguments to show we 'misled them' about the source of funding underlying sponsorship (not the very clearly chosen words in UEFAs statmeent - this is not about 'overvaluing' our sponsorships, but 'overstating' them - which to me suggests a focus on the source of the funds in the case of UEFA, not the absolute quantum (which was what got us the first time around)

But if UEFA has been bluffing, and the hacked emails are basically it, then if our lawyers are worth anything like what we will pay them, then we will have them over a barrel.

Its a fascinating example of John Nash 'game theory' at play. Lots of brikmanship, lots of gamesmanship, lots of strategy based on 'i think they know this, or think this, or have this'. It seems likely one party or the other will take a heavy beating if it is all played out either in CAS or later on in the courts. Hence my view is that the most likely outcome of CAS is a negotiated settlement with a much lower punishment.

Remember the club know what UEFA have.

They know what was in the leaked emails, they know what information is available or calculable from the documents they've submitted to UEFA and whats publicly available about the sponsor companies.

I don't think there's any chance UEFA walk in with a document and City say "shit we didn't know they had that"

Think you have probably sussed Badaz52. There is being pessimistic and there is Badaz52!
As far as I can see he thinks it likely CAS will reduce the ban to one year? You can be a lot more pessimistic than that. He's entitled to his opinion even if not everyone agrees with it. Let's not get like like RAWK.

I was talking about the leaked emails that fit with the CFCB statement regarding their findings. That is the evidence I'm referring to as that is all we have to go on publicly at the moment. If they are fake then so be it.
So your strangely timed prolific posting about how we may be guilty has all been based on what you assume is *some* of the evidence, presented with editorial comment by a German newspaper, not any actual understanding of the evidence UEFA used to make their decision?

There is a massive flaw in that argument they put.

So you build up your stadium, infrastructure and academy to join the elite slowly? That assumes you will have a bunch of young players prepared to spend their career at a club whilst it transitions? The reality is you will just be a feeder club. Nothing to stop those already elites from tapping up the best talent and the club either being forced to sell or the player running down his contract, as the club wouldn’t be able to match wages due to FFP.

Sounds fucking great if they assume we are all stupid.
There are tonnes of teams with good stadiums, youth is good and so is infrastructure. Southampton for example were in it for the long term, but they lose players every season. If you go back and look at the team they COULD have had, fuck me they would be brilliant.

as this is going to cost City ££ doest the money come from City ie could effect ffp or can Mansour funded it out of his own pocket ? Or when we win UEFA pay for our costs ?
Suspect it will be funded by CFG, so as not to affect our ffp. That would be a company defending a wholly owned subsid.

IIRC CAS overturned that decision completely aslong as they could balance their books by 2021, but then Milan breached FFP rules again and that's when they agreed to the one year ban.

I actually just read the decision, they just said the AC must come up with different punishment. Maybe the 2021 bit was from another case (Milan have had several infront of CAS)

The decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body rendered on 19 June 2018 establishing that AC Milan failed to fulfil the Break-Even requirement is confirmed.

4. The decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body rendered on 19 June 2018 to exclude AC Milan from participating in the next UEFA Club competition for which it would otherwise qualify in the next two (2) seasons (i.e. the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons) is annulled.

5. The case is referred back to the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body to issue a proportionate disciplinary measure.

As far as I can see he thinks it likely CAS will reduce the ban to one year? You can be a lot more pessimistic than that. He's entitled to his opinion even if not everyone agrees with it. Let's not get like like RAWK.
His opinion is not necessarily what makes him suspect — we mods aren’t from RAWK.

So looking at the timeline of events again. We submitted our 200 page document to the IC one day before the equivalent of the statute of limitations. Wonder if that was deliberate or just that UEFA hadn't given us enough time to gather the evidence. I can just see the IC's response when they received this:

City to IC: Here's our evidence to refute the allegations you've made against us.

IC members discussion: We have 1 day to read and understand all this information before we run out of time to charge them. Don't suppose we get paid enough for overtime do we? Nah, let's just go with what we have and pass it upstairs and the AC can take the fall if shit goes sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.