UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry is that the UEFA AC is independent & the Chairman - José da Cunha Rodrigues - is also independent yet has decided to condone this decision on our actions! Why then, are some people so sure we’ll convince CAS otherwise?
If that was the case then UEFA would never fail at CAS in reality they mainly do
There is also a lot of in fighting and influence being brought on these “independent” chambers
José da Cunha Rodrigues A human rights judge who may well have a beef with Abu Dhabi

I do wonder if this is purely an act of spite by UEFA knowing it won’t stand up in an independent review. A bit like the Trump impeachment, the Democrats knew they didn’t have the numbers in the Senate but decided to fuck him over anyway. I also wonder if the two year ban is to give CAS leeway to reduce to one year and so satisfy the cartel members and let City feel they have slightly salvaged a disastrous situation.

Didn't really fuck Trump in the end, his approval rating sky rocketed post acquittal and the Dems look stupid as fuck in election year.

That’s not salvaging a disastrous situation.
Why didn’t uefa give us a twenty year ban if cas are going to halve it.

We were unhappy with the original fine. And now they have come back to hammer it home.

we won’t accept that.

I'd say regarding the impeachment, Democrats look stupid as fuck to the half of their country who support Trump but the half who don't support him think the whole impeachment saga makes Trump look even more terrible because they perceive him to have avoided justice. Subsequently they despise him (even more). So to extrapolate that dynamic to our situation. If we get this overturned then I would expect all of us to think it makes UEFA look stupid as fuck but unfortunately the overwhelming majority of people who don't support City to perceive as having avoided justice and to despise us even more. It's a good comparison because I'm sure that is exactly what will happen if CAS overturn the decision. In terms of reputation, the damage is well and truly done and will now never be undone. But then our reputation was already in the mud anyway because the same forces behind all this have been chipping away for years, so it's nothing new.

I’m an independent who didn’t vote for trump and I clearly think the democrats look like stupid idiots like they have for the last 3 years.
People calling us cheats for doing nothing illegal, nothing out of bounds on the pitch, aren’t caught in doping scandals, means little to me. They can say whatever the hell they like.
Let’s keep unrelated politics out of this thread.

There’s a Trump thread to discuss this sort of thing in the Politics Subforum for a reason.

Cheers.

City CEO Ferran Soriano is also said to have told the players: “Trust me like I trust you, this will be dropped.”

Unless this is made up tabloid narrative, who is leaking this stuff ??

Dont for one minute think that this is a tabloid trying to make us fans feel better by writing this. This type of reporting is only to make us sound like UEFA with their leaks
Oh come off it. There’s a huge difference between leaking disciplinary actions against their own rules (and Swiss law) and procedure and a player telling their agent that they’ve been told not to worry, and that being passed on to a friendly journalist.

Last edited:
I`ll have some of that.Twat that he is.

Yes that bloke who robbed him in London didn't do a good enough job, the gun was a fake. I'm not being funny but no one has been that stupid as to accuse us of blatantly cheating when we have irrefutable evidence we haven't. We have to take this further,it would be a great warning to the other gobshites.

What is the name of the Podcast?

Would be good to hear this.
I've done 3 in the last 3 days. Bolt From The Blue is my usual home, I did Ian Cheeseman's Forever Blue on Sunday, where we mainly talked about home game issues but I did a 10-minute vlog beforehand on this, and I've just come off the Man City Show. All are always worth listening to.

But City’s current position is that the owner should be able to invest. The position is it didn’t happen and even if it did it has been settled previously

This legitimises the debate about Shiek Mansour ‘bankrolling’ the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.