UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin Samuel, MailSport: "Whatever City have done wrong, the entire playing field was shaped by the elite of European football for their own gain. The game, as it has now been framed by UEFA and a privileged elite, is bent." [via @MailSport]
Someone has finally said it.
Well done Martin.
And like him or not, tonight even Gary Neville more or less called it a cartel.
He used the word franchise but but he intimated the clubs who are behind it.

Now would a few more stand up please.

Urgent talks over how Manchester City will reimburse leading players - who have Champions League bonuses stipulated in their contracts - are already underway. City officials have promised to regularly update players on the forthcoming appeal against the suspension.

Some players receive bonuses - up to seven-figure sums - from the point Manchester City qualify for the Champions League. City officials have already intimated to players that they expect, at the very least, to have their two-season UEFA suspension halved.

(Daily Mail)

Hope the bold part is not really something we hope to happen. Then Uefa wins as thats exactly why they gave such a huge ban that if it gets halved its still a fucking shit for City.

I think we all secretly know what will happen. CAS will give us a reduced punishment, to appease UEFArce, and the ruling cartel clubs.
I can’t see a ‘fair and independent hearing’ being done, no matter what Sorriano thinks. This will open the gate for PL to try and stick their iron in the fire and get a points reduction.
Maybe our owners should now just dump a billion pound of debt on us, then carry on spending. It’s what the rags seem to be able to do without any scrutiny.

We are not going to accept any punishment whatsoever. Gloves are off . We took the "pinch" in 2014. We are now out to destroy them

David Conn on the guardian football weekly podcast after taking his magic mushrooms:

Manchester City have NOT been given this penalty because they breached FFP rules in the sense they made too much of a loss or their finances weren't what they should have bee, which obviously is what FFP is all about trying to make clubs live within their means and not make too much of a loss, but this is not what City have been found guilty.......

The issue is they were deceitful and not truthful when they said it was Etihad and not Sheikh Mansour the owner who was clearly paying £57mil.
It was a breach of trust which is always a worse offence than the offence itself...an example (but not a direct paralllel) is it is an offence if you get pulled for speeding you get 3 points on your licence and you might get a fine..but if you lie and you were driving the car when in fact your partner was driving the car well that becomes a very serious offence and you go to prison...so City are not being done for a breach of FFP they are being for a serious breach of trust"

Yet he knows with the info today, that the executive council of Abu Dhabi gave the money to Etihad to cover their commitment to City and not the Sheik, but he still continues to peddle his anti City agenda...………...City fan my arse

No he has said we've done it. He quite deliberately said we have been found guilty of it, and then went on a rant about how disgusting and out of control it was for Manchester City to call into question the integrity of the two UEFA panels.

That's key to understanding Conn's position. His starting point is that we are definitely guilty and we are completely wrong to complain about fairness or lack of process or question independence of the decision.

That's why when @Prestwich_Blue shows him that ADUG didn't fund Etihad's deals, he doesn't say "Hmm that's at odds to what I saw in der spiegel and not exactly what we're hearing from UEFA", he says "It's just another way they are guilty".

As a man in orthopaedic shoes says, I stand corrected.

For the record Prestwich Blue does excellent work and whilst no doubt a bit of bias may come in from time to time, his information is the most reliable out there and more balanced. I hope the club unofficially recognise how he helps our fan base.

I am sure this is covered elsewhere but the whole deal does not make sense. If we over-stated sponsorships I get what we are accused off but the deal with Etihad, where we supposedly so desperate for a company we could top up that we have kit sponsorship and stadium naming rights for £8 million??? This includes consistent CL and seasons we won the league.

Just doesn’t seem right if they had paid 50 million and the sheikh topped it up to 80 million (I could see the potential for that scenario, not saying it happened) but to sell all that for just 8 million seems crazy.

The only other explanation is that it is not circumventing FFP at all, but being given deliberately cheap to help the airline out and then money topped up to City is to give the market value.

I just wonder why this is not talked about?

That's bollocks since when did the owner of any business have to pay court costs out of the actual business itself?

A wealthy individual with several business interests can pay his lawyers from whatever means he has.

And if they win and end up suing who gets to keep the money?

One thing I learnt listening to Prestwich Blues contribution on Ian Cheesmans blog is that new owners are now allowed by UEFA to invest in their club (not just infrastructure)
I think he mentioned 4 years
Was City offered the same latitude-I don’t think so.
Surely CAS will take this into consideration when dealing with our case otherwise they will comparing apples and oranges!

Pretty sure Colin said on last nights vlog with Ian that CAS tend to take the law as it stands in the present. Therefore we get the same latitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.