UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does this belief come from exactly ?

From Le Monde :

But the CAS judgment does not remove all the threats weighing on Paris-Saint-Germain, which must at all costs increase its sponsorship revenues: it must indeed bear the burden of the salaries of Neymar and Mbappé, and compensate for the devaluation of its income by the ICFC.

(1) As of this year, according to a source close to the ICFC, all Qatari club sponsors are valued at 52 million euros - while PSG signed a 145 million agreement with the Qatar Tourism Authority. The partnership expires in June 2019 and will not be renewed, as decided by the ICCC’s investigative chamber.

(2) In 2020, adds this source, the PSG will not be able to record any income of a sponsor considered as a related party, that is to say a company linked to the Qatari State, owner of the club through its sovereign fund Qatar Sports Investments (QSI).

(3) In addition, if it does not make significant sales this summer, the Paris club will have to generate 150 million euros annually to be in balance. And this when it must make a cross on the sum of 10.5 million euros, provided by UEFA in the event of qualification for the quarters of the Champions League, and on additional receipts in terms of ticketing.

Given these devaluations, the PSG's forecast deficit was estimated at 124 million euros for the 2017-2018 season, while the maximum deficit authorized to comply with the FPF is 30 million euros over three seasons.

(4) According to a source close to the ICFC, Aleksander Ceferin can"be relieved by the CAS decision. Despite the apparent defeat of UEFA. " If the CAS had decided differently, the investigating chamber of the CFCB would no doubt have been pushed to sanction the PSG. The latter was then said to have been tempted to legally attack UEFA after having complied with the investigating chamber’s decision in June 2018.

So, exactly, what charges were dropped ?

(1) PSG Qataris contracts have been valued at 52 M from 2019. City UAE contracts are higher than that. UEFA even forced PSG to terminate QTA contract. PSG complied with their demands.
If UEFA ask City to terminate a contract and City oblige, will you say that coincidentally all charges were dropped ? Or would you say that City has cooperated ?

(2) PSG is forbidden from signing a contract from a related party. Seems like it was finally allowed as Qatar Airways has followed Emirates Airways as the carrier of the club. The price is in the standard of the deal with other european clubs linked with Qatar Airways. So, no problem with fair market value.

(3) PSG had to sell players to balance the books on top of registering new contracts (Nike, Accor, Rwanda, Replay, Renault, etc.) since the devaluations put PSG out of the break even requirement. Similar to what is happening with City being in break even deficit after devaluation of UAE contracts.

(4) Ceferin relieved because he was fearing PSG challenging UEFA and FFP if a sanction had been put. Isn't it exactly what is happening with City ?

The funny thing is you don't realize that when City will have a successful appeal, the very same argument you are applying here will be used to say that City cheated their way out of trouble.
I'm sure you know much more about PSG than I do, I'm just reciting what I've read earlier so it's hard to find the source.

However:

One would think this is much more worthy of a two year CL ban and a hefty fine than the Etihad deal. Instead PSG could escape punishment by just ending their deal with CTA

Got to say my gut feeling agrees with you.

The owners will throw endless amounts of time and money at this. I do think the magnitude of what lies ahead and its consequences are lost on many. This will determine whether or not football at the top level becomes a completely closed shop. Making domestic leagues so un competitive that the only option to "save football" will be the Super League. City are probably the one hope of avoiding this scenario. It will however mean bringing UEFA to its knees and that wont be easy or cheap. Perhaps its only City that have the finances to take UEFA on. Its a huge ask, but like you my gut tells me that our owners will prevail.

One thing is certain if we do win you wont be able to see the end of your nose for weeks due to all the steam off boiling piss.
Most leagues under the aegis of UEFA are already uncompetitive, even the big ones France, Germany, Italy, Spain. CL money and ffp keep the non elite out. Liverpool last year got 50% of the entire solidarity money for the whole of Europe. For the smaller countries, it is even worse, because they only get one CL place, if they are lucky. Yet Uefa boast that there is less debt and more profit in European clubs.
Joke.

Mentally, I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. The whole football edifice is so rotten it's going to come crashing down.

Win or lose, UEFA is finished, we're watching the dying throes of a grotesque money generating monster as it thrashes round trying to appease the cancerous clubs that will eventually kill it anyway.

The very worst that can happen is we never get back in the CL which, seeing as only Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern, Juventus, Madrid, Barcelona and, maybe, PSG can ever win it anyway will be no great loss.

And we get stripped of our titles? (Go on, let's run with this), United, Liverpool and Chelsea get a couple more each by default, to add to those they won every year anyway simply because they are richer than everyone else. And then one of them wins it forever more. Sooner rather than later that will be the end of the PL too.

Our support dwindles to its hard core 35k because we've been relegated to League 2 ? Well if anyone supports City because we win stuff, they should go mix with their red brethren anyway.

Our reputation is sullied ? Yeah, like Liverpool and Juventus with their rotten histories haven't recovered.

So the worst isn't bad at all and anything less than that and we're still laughing.

I think people exaggerate the lack of journalists who cover City well. Ziegler, Jack Gaughan, Sam Lee, Martin Blackburn, Simon Mullock are all good.

I appreciate 5 might sound like a small number, but you've got the Times, Mail, Sun, Mirror and Athletic covered there so they have coverage.
Add in Henry Winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.