UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
City have been quite clear that they beleive they can win on the facts, not just procedure. "irrefutable evidence" etc.

If they can do that, they absolutely have to for the sake of the club's reputation. Winning on a procedural error or technicality will put us in Europe next year, but we'll still be the pariah club in the press and in the views of the ECA and that just leads to more pressure for these kind of investigations, so it does have a material impact.
We need to win on the basis of the evidence, rather than just on the basis of UEFA's maladministration.

City have been quite clear that they beleive they can win on the facts, not just procedure. "irrefutable evidence" etc.

If they can do that, they absolutely have to for the sake of the club's reputation. Winning on a procedural error or technicality will put us in Europe next year, but we'll still be the pariah club in the press and in the views of the ECA and that just leads to more pressure for these kind of investigations, so it does have a material impact.
we have to win at CAS there is no margin for error, if we dont i can see a one year ban and then the prem jumping on board, striping medals and reduction to a lower lge is not going to happen but a points deduction is but the only way a punishment in points is going to affect us is being over -40 pts (thats regarding relegation), and this is where the mockery of it all is because we wont qualify for CL again so in efect we have the two year ban 'get the drift' UEFA and the Prem will be in dialog so if CAS turn the ban to one year we will end up serving two years anyway

I cant deny that all this has upset me quite a bit last few days.
I lost my dad last year and still struggling to come to terms with it. He took me to Maine road and we had some good times.
I think we will get cleared but with VAR and the constant attacks on our club are making me contemplate not renewing and giving up on the game completely.
Maybe that was the authorities plan all along, I'm not sure anymore.

It's given me (and a lot of other Blues, I'm sure) sleepless nights recently, too ... it must be the biggest attack on our club ever.

But this is exactly the time we all need to group together, show solidarity and support the club to the hilt.

(Paradoxically, the only acceptable time to give up on your club is when they're doing fantastically well).

It's given me (and a lot of other Blues, I'm sure) sleepless nights recently, too ... it must be the biggest attack on our club ever.

But this is exactly the time we all need to group together, show solidarity and support the club to the hilt.

(Paradoxically, the only acceptable time to give up on your club is when they're doing fantastically well).
This is the biggest attack I can remember on any club.

I don't feel sad about this. I feel total anger and rage at our treatment by UEFA and the media, but at the same time I'm buzzing at the idea of seeing UEFA in court, as I've wanted us to test the legality of FFP since day one - albeit that aspect won't be tested at CAS. Actually, I feel energised as an individual and part of a group that's been collectively galvanised to a level beyond anything I can remember in all my life (60 in July). UEFA have picked on the wrong club.

Tbh, even though it initially looks bad for City, I must say I'm pleased by this because I wanted to see UEFA and FFP challenged first time round (even though 2014 circumstances were different).

I'm not sure it's even from a City fan's perspective but purely as a fan of the game who abhors the concept of certain clubs having bigger caps than others on spending in a supposedly fair competition.

That's not to say we'll necessarily see a challenge of FFP (for a number of reasons) but it's long overdue we fought our corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.