Don’t Blame Fans For The Empty Seats

I agree - just woke up and knackered.Not sure mid weeks are worth it. Could have have saved myself a good few hours and watched on tv. It is a real chore midweek.

Alarm went off at 5:40, felt like id been hit by a bus and I didnt even have a drink last night.

Yesterday I worked in Preston until 4:30, coached my lads team 6 til 7, missed kick off and got my tea at 10:45, chore is the kindest thing ill say about it mate!

There you go, people saying it was that bad last night they might not make the effort for a midweek game again, when as a kid the thing you notice first at a match is the atmosphere, that's what makes you want to go back again.

Dont go to the games because of disability but pay for my two lads to have season tickets tonight i sat at home watching a poor game with little excitement. Revved up with a half filled stadium CONSIDERING we were sending out a message of defiance the half empty stadium made us a laughing stock and left me defenceless with my four Red mates who watched with me Seriously we have one of the worlds best managers what was he thinking about playing in front of a half empty ground?
It was half term - people looked in advance and thought no fixtures that week I will go away. Or (in my case) said to the wife, yes you can be in London Wed/Thur cos there is no football and then a game appears at the last minute so what do i do? Go and leave my kid on his own and get social services after me or take him out of school (not half term) and get the school after me? The simple facts are before last Sunday there were less than 200 tickets available but for the rearrangement thousand couldn’t make it for various reasons. Nothing to do with where we aRe in the league or UEFA or anything else

We have a 35 k fan base end of. But what a family to be part of

Disagree I bet most of the travelling blues didn't go. Why do you thing alot of people want to know hours before ko on that Saturday because we travel ! I guess alot of blues from kent and Essex etc couldnt make, everytime we come up from kent we see a coach load from chelmsford. WHU didnt have many there and a fair few City fans are based beyond London !!

I know it does not suit many but the 7.30 kick off suited me. Left at normal time, got normal train, rushed my second pint but for the main thing for me was getting the 2201 train for the first time for years and that meant getting home nearly two hours earlier instead of waiting at Piccadilly Station.

Roads are crap with train services not much better.

thats bollocks.

We obviously have more as our gates prove but in terms of a genuine hardcore who will go no matter what I’d say that’s about right. Most clubs gates are inflated now since it became cool and it’s actually as atmospheres in England have died.

People going on about not doing the north stand, make it £100 season ticket and you will fill it, years ago there was not much to do as a kid but go to football or play it, the amount of stuff available for kids now is unreal, my daughter does gymnastics cheerleading and ju jitsu that every week night taken up with an activity all after 5pm. It costs us around £110 a month to do all that, plus travelling etc. Football just isn’t life anymore for a lot of people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.