UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. A club statement denying the allegations would be expected. But for Ferran to speak the words in front of camera it is a much stronger denial and wouldn't be done if the club felt there was a chance they could be found guilty. Look at Prince Andrew. He felt an interview would be the best way to clear his name. A generic statement of denial from behind close doors would be scrutinised by the public. In hindsight he shouldn't have done that interview because it showed to most that he is guilty!

Whilst a premeditated interview from the club, it was clear Ferran has no concerns. That is much more reassuring than a statement published by the website. There was no sweat on his brow, and unlike Prince Andrew I'm sure he is capable of sweating.

Ferran would have to be an Oscar winning actor, a pathological liar or very deluded to have given such an unruffled interview: he gave no sign of not believing that City are innocent.

You might have a point, but at the very least ‘coincidence’ is wholly superfluous, as ‘serendipitous’ manifestly connotes coincidence.

Again, I can't agree. It acts as a legitimate intensifier, emphasising the coincidental nature of the event at a time when some posters are hinting that there may be elements of Abu Dhabi design behind it. ;)

Ferran would have to be an Oscar winning actor, a pathological liar or very deluded to have given such an unruffled interview: he gave no sign of not believing that City are innocent.

Are lawyers and politicians classed under 'pathological liars'?

The situation isn’t linked to our case but an individual and his friend is.

Just awful for UEFA.

Soriano warned UEFA to cull the criminals or we will drag you down with them. Didn’t take 24 hours.

I also noted Pep telling Barca to not shout too loud.

If you were judging our case all this would definitely be on your mind if you were CAS they’re only human. The Swiss Courts would be very interested.

These guys think they are above the law. Some people are but not them.

Pretty sure the timing of this news is coincidental and while it's unrelated to City and our case, you'd have to think that it could be a positive for us

As for the bolded bit, I was very intrigued to see Pep say that. If Barca have been up to anything dodgy at some point, Pep, Soriano, and Txiki may well have the inside track on that. I just hope none of them are implicated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.