UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a rule within in the premiership that if a club is found guilty by the uefa the premiership can add a punishment as well ?

Reason for asking is because we took a pinch the premier league didnt do anything so what's changed ?
In a word no there’s nothing in Premier LEAGUE rules that dictate that and PL FFP came in after we took the pinch From what I can see there is nothing for City to be concerned about with PL FFP

Slight point of order - There is no record of any ostrich anywhere been witnessed to have its head in sand. Apparently

Is it not the case that ostriches do indeed bury their heads in the ground, in digging holes for their eggs, but that they do not do so as a defence against perceived danger? Perhaps CAS can adjudicate on this equally contentious matter once our case has been resolved. ;-)

Manchester City will NOT be forced into a fire sale of their top players if a two-year ban remains in place and could even benefit financially from their time out of Europe, according to football finance expert Kieran Maguire. [via @Jack_Gaughan]

Kieran Maguire: "There would be no need for a firesale. They will actually benefit from not being in Europe because FFP limits under UEFA are €30million losses over three years, compared to £105m under Premier League limits."

Does that make any sense?

Yeah means we can spend shit loads disrupt every transfer in Europe for 2 years.

Yes it does, if you beleive how some reports put it. i think if you are out of uefa comps, they supposedly dont look at your books for that period, u can spend what you want (as long as u comply with FAs limits, which i thought were scrapped).

that is reportedly the reason AC milan accepted a one year ban, when it looked like cas were going to overturn it (originally 2 years). it was looking like they might finish 5th anyway, so be out of it, and it gave them a further year to 'rebuild'.

The years liverpool were 7th and out of champs league, they spent big, conveniently, not halving to comply till they were in it. (other than of course liverpool never spent any money at all, as all their players are home grown).

I think two years is plenty of time for them to change that particular rule to include time spent out of their little racket. A couple of hours over a few drinks should see a unanimous decision arrived at by the teams that 'matter'.

Manchester City will NOT be forced into a fire sale of their top players if a two-year ban remains in place and could even benefit financially from their time out of Europe, according to football finance expert Kieran Maguire. [via @Jack_Gaughan]

Kieran Maguire: "There would be no need for a firesale. They will actually benefit from not being in Europe because FFP limits under UEFA are €30million losses over three years, compared to £105m under Premier League limits."

Does that make any sense?
Doesn't make much sense to me. While we're out of Europe we don't have to comply. But as soon as we're back in, we do.

So, assuming we get back in at the first attempt, those previous two years then come into play as part of the rolling three-year period.

That's my understanding of it anyway, but I may well be completely wrong. It would certainly be a bizarre mistake for a football finance expert to make.

well there will be no confirmation from anybody as to what they are going to do untill the CAS review, IF we lose and thats a very big IF then i would expect a points deduction at most from the FA because i think there in bed with UEFA to some degree, as for lge 1 or 2 not a chance in this world are they going to do that

In the event the PL or FA levy any punishment City could still appeal that. In 1994-95 Spurs were fined £600,000, deducted 12 points and banned from the FA Cup for a season for financial irregularities. Following an appeal the fine was increased to £1.5 million (big deal) but the points deduction and FA Cup ban were scrapped, not even suspended.

Imagine if we got a two year ban, and in the middle Summer between the two years we bought three £150m players (one defender, one midfielders and Mbappe) in readiness for being in the CL again 12 months later because we wouldn’t fail FFP when not in UEFA comps and went on to win the next four CLs...

They’ve not really thought this through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.