UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. PSG got a their sponsors devalued as it is written in UEFA rules. PSG complied and balanced the book by selling players. PSG was threatened with a ban if they had failed to comply.

The difference with City is that your sponsors have been devaluated retroactively AFTER the period investigated was over. Which means you didn't have the chance to balance your books which is unfair in my opinion. And you have the other charge of non cooperation.

The bigger problem is that there is no basis to retrospectively revalue our sponsors. We are a top club in the English Premier League and there are plenty of other deals equal to or larger than ours - so in theory our deals represent fair value. Etihad currently get the shirt sponsorship, Ground and Campus of the English Champions and a Champions League participant for less than. Chevrolet pay to get their names on a mid table team in the Europe League. There’s just no way that UEFA can down grade the amounts because we could and do get sponsors from the open market. Our sleeve sponsor is not a Middle East company and is at the upper end of the spectrum for the league. UEFA really are targeting is specifically and they are really not on very solid ground.

I am going to repost my plea from last week, as I think it is still very relevant.

Rob Harris is absolutely being disingenuous (well, lying, really) with his remarks implying he has simply brought balanced reporting to the fray, and he may very well be falsely insinuating that he has caught inappropriate abuse for his obvious anti-City reporting. But this is still an important reminder that it is never an acceptable response to threaten or abuse the reporter. And doing so just plays in to his hands — allowing him to further call City supporters “toxic” and “vile” and use the instances of abuse as examples.

I know every blue is incensed by the vitriol, hypocrisy, and rampant dishonesty of the many pundits, reporters, “journalists”, and talking heads commenting on UEFA’s ruling and City in general, including attacking supporters directly.

I am also disgusted by the extent and ferocity of it — the Harris twins, Delaney, Conn, and a few others have been especially bad since the announcement.

But let’s not lower ourselves to their incriminations and play in to their desired narrative by advocating violence toward those people or their property, or threatening them on social media. It’s obviously not going to be allowed on the forum (or those platforms, as it’ll eventually be reported) but, much more importantly, it is not right and is certainly not the way to show the world that the press’ venomous attacks on us and the club should be denounced and repudiated.

We can discuss whether the club has been a “soft touch” when it comes to handing the media, or if we as supporters should be more vociferous with our defence of the club and rebukes of many “journalists” that are most blindingly critical of City, without succumbing to the more base, juvenile, entirely counterproductive, and plainly wrong methods of showing our disgust.

Let’s show them that they can’t manipulate us in to being the sort of supporters they want the world to think we are.

We *are* City, after all, and we are some of the best supporters the world has ever seen — let’s show everyone why during this challenging time, without violence or unnecessary aggression.

Don’t give them what they want, especially Nick and Rob. Let’s starve them of ammunition, not act as their their supply line.

You are absolutely correct but Harris if wanting to take a step back and lower the heat should maybe apologise for the tone of his own words and tweets rather than do what he has done and make himself the victim.

He wont, he has lied, made things up and got the reaction he wanted and now imo, due to the club having words with the media as to what is about too happen to them all if they carry on re legal action they want to pretend it never happened and all they are doing is their jobs and how much they enjoy the debate etc etc etc.

Sorry SB but not buying it one bit.

u all were right about simon ! but his point - with regards to our reputation IS correct.

That's why its important , that city are completely cleared !!

They shouldn't be answering ANY questions on the subject. Just state that the club has made their statement and Pep and the team are here for football matters not legal ones.

Unfortunately the CAS review is not a review of protectionism and a verdict on FFP but more a review of the evidence, the rules, and the investigative process.

You only have to listen to the British football media to see that this is not an investigation but a witch-hunt.

I am a little worried for City that CAS may go into it sharing some of prejudices that others do. The elites in the Western world love to give the Arab Sheikh a bloody nose. It's a populist argument but benefits a small group of powerful clubs.

The plus for me is that City seem to have turned down an offer of a minor UEFA sanction. Did they do that because they knew that CAS would rule in our favour? I hope so.
I agree that the CAS will not go against FFP in itself but City is right to point out that they may have been unfairly treated. Milan AC did exactly that and managed to have their sanctions reduced.

You should be able to escape a ban and work out some fine and squad reduction with that approach. Then there is the whole thing about UEFA leaks. It is written in their rules it is their responsability to keep the information private. If CAS agree with City that UEFA has not held its part in the process, the whole investigation could be thrown out. It is difficult to say CAS verdict but City do have points in their favour to win even on some technicality.

City simply cannot accept a ban. It is like accepting your project to be nuked. The MAD doctrine exists for a reason and i assume City will go all the way.

This,we are a knowledable fan base more than able to take them on

I do think we should have code names for them on here so they can't search for their names and have a wank,a mass pm with code names

Well nick could have Nefarious Iniquitous Contemptible Knobjockey & Rob could have Repugnant Opprobrious Bastard

but a bit long winded to type & probably too generous anyway.

Uefa will undoubtedly still be trying to avoid this going to CAS.

Between now and July, I expect another cowardly offer.

CAS are big on mediation.

This is surely too far down the line and too high profile for backtracking, isn’t it? There doesn’t appear to be any middle ground. They either try and do us or they exonerate us, and I don’t see how they can manage the latter without a complete loss of credibility (not that they’ve got much to start with), particularly with the usual media cnuts baying for our blood non-stop

Unfortunately the CAS review is not a review of protectionism and a verdict on FFP but more a review of the evidence, the rules, and the investigative process.

You only have to listen to the British football media to see that this is not an investigation but a witch-hunt.

I am a little worried for City that CAS may go into it sharing some of prejudices that others do. The elites in the Western world love to give the Arab Sheikh a bloody nose. It's a populist argument but benefits a small group of powerful clubs.

The plus for me is that City seem to have turned down an offer of a minor UEFA sanction. Did they do that because they knew that CAS would rule in our favour? I hope so.

I'm not worried about the cas arbitration panel tbh, they have to be impartial, disclose any communication with any of the parties and it's possible to appeal against any arbitrator who is believed to be not impartial. Also cas arbitrators are from all over the world not just europe.

Last edited:

u all were right about simon ! but his point - with regards to our reputation IS correct.

That's why its important , that city are completely cleared !!

Twat still managed to bulldoze the press officer to ask his question, should have been told to shut up or leave of he can't understand a basic request.

p.s you dumb ****, that was not a football related question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.