Sterling : City not treated with same respect as Liverpool - Cites 0 PFA Awards despite titles

If kdb doesn't win it this year we will never have a player winning it, absolutely outstanding and dies things no other player can. Jordan Henderson, fuck me!

Last season is the perfect example of why I think he's wrong. My own opinion and I'm sure loads on here will agree is that Bernardo Silva was the most deserving winner of the award last year, as an outsider he looked to be the player that delivered when it was needed most. If he wasn't so good last season Sterling would have gotten all his votes or vice versa, Van Djik didn't really have anyone in his team that was going to take votes from him.

Sterling and the rest of the team have spent the last 3 years hearing, "Yeah City are the best team but Liverpool player X is having such a good season and it's an individual award!!".

Now the roles are reversed and people are trying to push it on fucking Jordan Henderson because "It just has to be a Liverpool player, doesn't it? After the season they're having?".
^^^
THIS AND ONLY THIS

Is this perhaps part of his thinking for wanting to go to Madrid? Recognition. To be considered the best, or at least one of the best. Going to Madrid can elevate players into that conversation. We like to think this stuff doesn’t matter but it’s clearly got to our players. If they want individual recognition, they realise City is not the best club to achieve that. I think it’s a driving force for Sterling openly admitting he will want another challenge in the near future.

If he wants to win it, he should start by playing better.
Not sure if it's been mentioned on the Forum, but he's not playing well this season.

If he wants to win it, he should start by playing better.
Not sure if it's been mentioned on the Forum, but he's not playing well this season.

His lack of form hasn’t been mentioned at all and would have gone unnoticed if you hadn’t brought attention to it.

I don’t think he is making a pitch for the award for himself here, more the lack of recognition for the club generally

Apologies if I've got this wrong. Pep lost to Chris Wilder in 2019 after City won all domestic honours. Wasn't Chris Wilder the manager of Sheffield Utd in the Championship in 2019 winning promotion?
Yes, LMA Manager of the year for winning promotion compared to winning League Cup, FA Cup and Premier League.

Reactions: nmc
Sterling and the rest of the team have spent the last 3 years hearing, "Yeah City are the best team but Liverpool player X is having such a good season and it's an individual award!!".

Now the roles are reversed and people are trying to push it on fucking Jordan Henderson because "It just has to be a Liverpool player, doesn't it? After the season they're having?".

That view will be suspended this year - I expect 8 or 9 dippers in the team of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.