UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck that. What would be more funnier than if utd get fifth, their fans go into gobshite overdrive, start taking the piss with us, we get cleared and they have the most monumental meltdown.
Now that would keep me laughing all summer.
I'd rather they just miss out on a Europa League spot instead.

The only offer I could see the club going for is UEFA admitting procedural issues with decision to ban us and that time limits have passed to prevent further investigation. That together with agreement that both parties pay their own costs.

I don't think City would agree to this at all. I think the feeling in Abu Dhabi is that UEFA have insulted the Emirate and its rulers by impugning the honour and integrity of its rulers. And yesterday Ferran stated uncompromisingly that we have not done what we are accused of doing. Whatever your opinion of FFP is is irrelevant in this case because we have done nothing which it does not permit. The club does not want to haggle out some agreement that the verdict is "unsafe", it does not want a cosy compromise that the investigation and verdict should be ignored and quietly forgotten and we don't want any idea that both sides were in the wrong so we'll pay our own costs. What the club and its owners want is a clear, resounding statement that an objective, impartial consideration of the evidence exonerates City completely and publicly. Jonathan (?) on the BM podcast may think this is a risky gamble but it is the only response worthy of a club outraged by the attack on its honour and integrity.

Fuck that. What would be more funnier than if utd get fifth, their fans go into gobshite overdrive, start taking the piss with us, we get cleared and they have the most monumental meltdown.
Now that would keep me laughing all summer.

The dream scenario, surely!

Hopefully 'top negotiator' Ed Woodward will get giddy and sign up a raft of early blockbuster signings off the back of their 5th placed finish in advance too - maybe Odion Ighalo on a permanent 6 year contract, and Joshua King and Wesley Sneijder on nice fat £750k a week deals just to really nail this Champions League gig good and proper!

Only for David Gill to have to step in and have a word about changing the rules at the start of the season again (like he did this year), to cover the impending financial meltdown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.