Sterling : City not treated with same respect as Liverpool - Cites 0 PFA Awards despite titles

Kev is right up there and is deserving. But no chance guys, this is City it won't happen. Player of the year will be Mane, VVD or Firmino given the bullshit bias. We all know it.

I have a feeling that Kevin will win this year , in part to no particular Liverpool player stand out , similar to how we always had 5,6 big performer in our 4 title wins but no one really stand out .

Kevin has the talent / skillset which even makes neutral appreciate and go wow with those through balls . He has the numbers to back him up. If you say he is the best midfielder in the world , no one will bat an eyelid among the neutrals, something even Peak Aguero wasn't mentioned as the best striker in the world (someone else always has slightly better numbers and kun having regular injuries) . Not to mention he is frequently in the Best XI including the latest UEFA team of the year.

I remember a mate of mine, Leeds fan, saying although he liked Aguero he's never 'grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck like suarez did for liverpool'
Just pissed me right off.

Didn't he score 4 on his debut against spurs and just went from strength to strength. Bastards.

Kev is right up there and is deserving. But no chance guys, this is City it won't happen. Player of the year will be Mane, VVD or Firmino given the bullshit bias. We all know it.

He's not even up there, he's so clear ahead. 24 goal contributions in the league, most assists across Europe as well as chances created. That's why I'm so glad Sterling brought this up so we can push a dialogue about it because it needs to be spoken about.

A bit late to this thread but it has certainly got me thinking?

Over the past few years when managers like Mancini and Pellegrini won their respective premier league titles and managers like Alan Pardew (2012) and Tony Pulis (2014) were voted manager of the year.

Do you think Pardew and Pulis secretly thought to themselves "what the fuck?"

I'm pretty sure that historically which ever manager won the premier league also won manager of the year?

The pisscan and Peg certainly did. Klopp will definitely get it for this season.

So to extend this logic to players surely to god when strikers and midfield players like Aguero, Merlin and Kevin are overlooked the stooge who gets the award must also feel it's a hollow victory.

Last year was a joke, not only did no Salad get the golden boot he also won (was handed) player of the year.

I guess it comes down to opinion in the end.

What I find interesting though is when it comes to a proven track record we absolutely nail it (record breaking seasons, majestic free flowing football) and when it's left to personal opinion we're no where to be seen.

I remember a mate of mine, Leeds fan, saying although he liked Aguero he's never 'grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck like suarez did for liverpool'
Just pissed me right off.

Didn't he score 4 on his debut against spurs and just went from strength to strength. Bastards.

No it was 2 goals against swansea if you are talking about Kun.

The reason i understand Kun not getting the PFA awards - a justifiably in the early part of his career was his injury record. He used to get goals then get those Hammy injuries , so it was stop start , sometimes when the voting period was ongoing.

Happy he has spoken up . I know this may not matter to us , but it clearly matters to the players !

Sterling: Everyone can see it, it is impossible that we win the Premier four or five times without the Player of the Year. This year Liverpool will win and surely the Player of the Year winner will be one of their players. We are not treated with the same respect.”

FINALLY the club is coming out fighting its corner.

Since the UEFA “judgement” we’ve heard from the CEO, the club has called out the hypocrisy of UEFA, the bias of the media, defended the fans, even taking a stern line with journalists in press conferences who take the piss.

These are all things we’ve been crying out for. The FFP bollocks might end up having a net positive effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.