UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I'm being slow here but what does "toolkit / goalposts" even mean?

I am guessing its down to the player amortisation fiasco that fucked us in the first place. Think Colin did amazing work again and showed that under the old rules we actually passed FFP. UEFA then changed a rule (moved the goalposts) and we failed. The toolkit must have been the way Colin presented his evidence.

Either that or I have dreamt it all. It was a while ago.

Why?

They all have some hidden agenda's, half of them pocketing money from Qatari sources, which isn't illegal but certainly puts them on the opposite side of our owners, out of the 6 twitter ones and then the likes Jonathan Liew are feel free to spout absolute venom at every opportunity about our owners, the club and us as fans, who have been labelled lots of things...

Matthew Syed: "vicious rats"
Miguel Delaney: "blinkered crackpots"
Nick Harris: "Paid trolls/shills"
Ewan MacKenna: "Cheerleaders of mass murderers"
Barney Ronay: "Emirati propaganda bots"

You want to talk to them in a friendly fashion?

Why?
Those quotes belong on a banner

Let me tell you something about his family. Probably said this before but it proves what a bunch of shits they are as people. His grandfather started the Jewish Telegraph, whihc as its name suggests, writes for the Jewish community, mainly in Manchester. Rob's father, Paul, now runs it and he has no scruples about running stories that are hurtful to families. One particular story affected my family and concerned my cousin Les, who unfortunately took his own life about 30 years ago.

Paul Harris had been friends with Les at school so they knew each other. He rang my aunt and uncle, who were obviously in a pretty bad state, and offered his condolences. He asked, as a former friend, if they'd have any objection to him running a tribute to his school friend Les in the next issue. They didn't suspect any ulterior motive and said yes. No doubt he'd got a few details of his death off them as part of the conversation. Expecting a nice tribute, they picked up the next issue to see a lurid story, with no detail spared, about how he'd gassed himself in his car. Naturally they were horrified to see something like that splashed all over the news and laid bare for the local community, many of who knew them.

That is the Harris family. Bunch of utter shits and the apple clearly hasn't fallen far from the tree.

Utter scum.

First rule of journalism, NEVER make the story about yourself.

Some may consider what they are doing as journalism, but they are essentially driven by the need to feel and remain relevant.

In doing so, they push the envelope, overegg the pudding, whatever it takes to provide the perception they are across the subject matter and justify ongoing employment.

Invariably, the first thing to suffer is any type of objectivity, as they are already so entrenched in their stance, so they take it up a further notch.

People such as Harris and Delaney should be well aware of the rules surrounding incitement, seemingly oblivious that the echo chamber they tweet from can be read by anyone.

And if I had a pound for every time I heard an Editor justify that a celebrity was fair game because they court publicity and earn money from it as a result.

Journos who court celebrity lost the right to be called a journalist the moment they try to make the story all about themselves.

Yep, I picked up the typo incitement;)

Last edited:
Jesus!

Has this guy got so little basic self-awareness he can't see the quite staggering levels of hypocrisy in his own message?

I mean - this particular paragraph takes the biscuit:

For a long time I felt you were a sensible and civil fan, able to look with a properly critical eye at City and of course as we discussed over a period, you were also able to acknowledge City wrong-doings. Propagating garbage about journalists, privately or otherwise, indicates something has driven you over the edge. I'd be happy to talk to you if you have any questions about how this has happened, about journalistic process, about any of it.

Let's just for a moment take him at his word, and apply the expectations he clearly has of others as a basis for comparison against which to judge his own recent behaviour.

Has he displayed so much as a single characteristic from that list in his vapid blogging about City throughout this? Has he demonstrated any sort of 'critical eye' in how he views the process the UEFA Investigatory chamber have overseen? No - he just accepts it and its outcome as right without question. Is he able to see any wrong doing in UEFA's behaviour and how they have handled the process from the start? No - none of it. His view is entirely one-sided, with all the wrong doing naturally on City's side. Is he happy to 'propagate garbage' about the Club's conduct, and the response of City fans to the issues surrounding this case - one look at his infantile stunt this morning would suggest the answer to that can only be an unequivocal 'yes'.

Its not about expecting him to necessarily come down on the side of City on this - but at no point has he demonstrated any capacity to critically consider any perspective other than that which he holds.

Such a complete lack of empathy and insight into the perspective of other human beings, such arrogance and a refusal to apply the same stringent standards you expect of others to yourself are classic traits of Narcissism.

As is self-delusion - and his vain attempts to align and equate his own position with that of other 'proper' journalists - as if he shares membership with them in some sort of a group - would be quite quaint if he wasn't such a raging egotist.

He gives away far more about his own deeply flawed worldview and personality in those few lines than I'm sure he intended - but then I don't imagine he cares about any of that. Narcissists never do!

Plus anyone who purports to write for a living and uses myself as a subject pronoun is a thick twat who should go back to school.

I regard him as a figure of fun, because he's basically what you'd create if you wanted to turn one of these anti-City journos into a comedy character. Except for one thing. He can be genuinely nasty when challenged. I recall a couple of Blues being rather unpleasantly bullied with threats of legal action when trying to have a civil debate with him.
He tried that threat on me without knowing I could buy and sell him a dozen times over. When that threat fell upon my hysterical ears, he blocked me, the fat little fuck.

First rule of journalism, NEVER make the story about yourself.

Some may consider what they are doing as journalism, but they are essentially driven by the need to feel and remain relevant.

In doing so, they push the envelope, overegg the pudding, whatever it takes to provide the perception they are across the subject matter and justify ongoing employment.

Invariably, the first thing to suffer is any type of objectivity, as they are already so entrenched in their stance, so they take it up a further notch.

People such as Harris and Delaney should be well aware of the rules surrounding encitement, seemingly oblivious that the echo chamber they tweet from can be read by anyone.

And if I had a pound for every time I heard an Editor justify that a celebrity was fair game because they court publicity and earn money from it as a result.

Journos who court celebrity lost the right to be called a journalist the moment they try to make the story all about themselves.

A great point but it will be lost (or ignored) on all journalist involved (especially the two mentioned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.