UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

They all have some hidden agenda's, half of them pocketing money from Qatari sources, which isn't illegal but certainly puts them on the opposite side of our owners, out of the 6 twitter ones and then the likes Jonathan Liew are feel free to spout absolute venom at every opportunity about our owners, the club and us as fans, who have been labelled lots of things...

Matthew Syed: "vicious rats"
Miguel Delaney: "blinkered crackpots"
Nick Harris: "Paid trolls/shills"
Ewan MacKenna: "Cheerleaders of mass murderers"
Barney Ronay: "Emirati propaganda bots"

You want to talk to them in a friendly fashion?

Why?
Said we could talk to them in a rational not friendly fashion.

I want to know why they hate us the fans and the club so much.

Why they think the club is automatically guilty and do them have proof to back it up.

I'm just getting really frustrated with the absolute distain and hatred our club have been subject to over the last week( they have a lot to answer for on that matter) and you can't engage with them on social media as they block you or talked to you like your a child. On here the mods wouldn't let them do that but it works both ways in which we couldn't abuse them as that just doesn't help the situation

I am guessing its down to the player amortisation fiasco that fucked us in the first place. Think Colin did amazing work again and showed that under the old rules we actually passed FFP. UEFA then changed a rule (moved the goalposts) and we failed. The toolkit must have been the way Colin presented his evidence.

Either that or I have dreamt it all. It was a while ago.
Oh yeah, when they moved from a 2 year wage exclusion to a 1 year one, after City had submitted the accounts. That makes sense.

Said we could talk to them in a rational not friendly fashion.

I want to know why they hate us the fans and the club so much.

Why they think the club is automatically guilty and do them have proof to back it up.

I'm just getting really frustrated with the absolute distain and hatred our club have been subject to over the last week and you can't engage with them on social media as they block you or talked to you like your a child. On here the mods wouldn't let them do that but it works both ways in which we couldn't abuse them as that just doesn't help the situation

Fair enough but we both know they would not answer those rational questionsl.

Why?

They all have some hidden agenda's, half of them pocketing money from Qatari sources, which isn't illegal but certainly puts them on the opposite side of our owners, out of the 6 twitter ones and then the likes Jonathan Liew are feel free to spout absolute venom at every opportunity about our owners, the club and us as fans, who have been labelled lots of things...

Matthew Syed: "vicious rats"
Miguel Delaney: "blinkered crackpots"
Nick Harris: "Paid trolls/shills"
Ewan MacKenna: "Cheerleaders of mass murderers"
Barney Ronay: "Emirati propaganda bots"

You want to talk to them in a friendly fashion?

Why?

They have made the fatal mistake of allowing things to get personal. Whilst the escalation in tension is a two-way street, the culpability lies at the door of the journalists because they are abusing the privilege afforded by their profession. Fans are fans; we make the game what it is and allow them to earn a living by feeding the popularity of the game. More importantly, however, we are not being paid to voice our opinions. Those who are being paid have a duty not to let their emotions compromise their work. Those comments above demonstrate a complete failure to take the moral high ground. It has descended into vulgarity and insults. They have betrayed the principle of impartiality. Their conduct has not been befitting of people who expect to be taken seriously. In fact, it has been disgraceful.

The bigger problem is that there is no basis to retrospectively revalue our sponsors. We are a top club in the English Premier League and there are plenty of other deals equal to or larger than ours - so in theory our deals represent fair value. Etihad currently get the shirt sponsorship, Ground and Campus of the English Champions and a Champions League participant for less than. Chevrolet pay to get their names on a mid table team in the Europe League. There’s just no way that UEFA can down grade the amounts because we could and do get sponsors from the open market. Our sleeve sponsor is not a Middle East company and is at the upper end of the spectrum for the league. UEFA really are targeting is specifically and they are really not on very solid ground.
Not forgetting that the executive from GM who negotiated the rag deal was sacked due to how much they paid for it
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/general-motors-exec-who-agreed-1218826

Let me tell you something about his family. Probably said this before but it proves what a bunch of shits they are as people. His grandfather started the Jewish Telegraph, whihc as its name suggests, writes for the Jewish community, mainly in Manchester. Rob's father, Paul, now runs it and he has no scruples about running stories that are hurtful to families. One particular story affected my family and concerned my cousin Les, who unfortunately took his own life about 30 years ago.

Paul Harris had been friends with Les at school so they knew each other. He rang my aunt and uncle, who were obviously in a pretty bad state, and offered his condolences. He asked, as a former friend, if they'd have any objection to him running a tribute to his school friend Les in the next issue. They didn't suspect any ulterior motive and said yes. No doubt he'd got a few details of his death off them as part of the conversation. Expecting a nice tribute, they picked up the next issue to see a lurid story, with no detail spared, about how he'd gassed himself in his car. Naturally they were horrified to see something like that splashed all over the news and laid bare for the local community, many of who knew them.

That is the Harris family. Bunch of utter shits and the apple clearly hasn't fallen far from the tree.
That is an abhorrent and deceitful act and it is very sad to hear that other members of the Harris family are also unscrupulous, hate-filled, conniving c***s.

Please accept my very late condolences for your family’s loss — unfortunately, I know first hand how incredibly awful that initial event can be (both initially and for years to come), but I cannot possibly imagine how much worse it can be made by the fine details being made public in such an underhanded and self-serving way.

I really do hope your family was able to take some corrective and/or punitive action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.