Heading To Be Banned in Training for Under 12s

My son always avoided heading it, and ignored his coaches shouting dont let it bounce , or 'winners' as the ball was launched at them, he found ways of letting it drop trapping and passing. Now at 18 he is the most comfotable player on the ball in his team plays all across the defence or defensive mid can use both feet . Whereas his peers that were just heading it anywhere are still doing that.
As others have said this can only be good for young players learning to play on the floor.

Stay in the house? Most dangerous place in the country.......

• More accidents happen at home than anywhere else
  • Every year there are approximately 6,000 deaths as the result of a home accident
  • More than two million children under the age of 15 experience accidents in and around the home every year, for which they are taken to accident and emergency units
  • Children under the age of five and people over 65 (particularly those over 75) are most likely to have an accident at home
  • Over 76,000 children under the age of 14 are admitted for treatment of which over 40% are under 5 years of age
  • Falls are the most common accidents, which can cause serious injury at any time of life. The risk increases with age
  • More women than men over the age of 65 die as the result of an accident in the home
  • Every year over 62 children under 14 die as a result of an accident in the home
  • Around 25,000 under-fives attend A&E departments each year after being accidentally poisoned
  • An average of 13 children a day under the age of 4 suffer a severe injury from a burn or a scald. A hot drink can still scald a small child up to 15 minutes after it is made
  • More accidents happen in the lounge/living room than anywhere else in the home.
  • Every year more than 4,200 children are involved in falls on the stairs and 4,000 children under the age of 15 are injured falling from windows
  • Boys have more accidents than girls
  • The cost to society of UK home accident injuries has been estimated at £45.63billion (£45,630million) annually.
Yes but this ^^ is just Phil Jones isn't it ;)

Not just schools.
All under 12 football.
And only in training, not in matches!

so head away in Competitive games kids, even though you have no idea how to do it properly because teaching you has been banned.

have they thought this through?

They never think through a 'ban'! Is it gonna be a foul if you head the ball? Will it become a penalty if you do it in your own area, and where would an under-12 Eddie stand if he came tear-arsing out of his area and the only option was to head it? It seems, though, and credit where credit is due, they have decided to ban heading rather than swap a football for a beach ball, so some progress, I suppose!

No one has mentioned that those players, who are suffering from dementia that might or might not have been brought on be heading a football, are from the generation that used the old leather ball that became extremely heavy in the wet.

Modern, plastic balls, while still heavy enough, don’t get any heavier even if it’s pissing down.

They morphed into a cannonball! I headed one once during a practice for the school team - the ball hit my head and thudded down to my feet. I think, without knowing it then, I was concussed for the rest of the game. The good news was that I could still find my way to Maine Road in the afternoon!

And when I was running a school footy team we were always suspicions that the odd school was soaking them in a bucket overnight!

My son always avoided heading it, and ignored his coaches shouting dont let it bounce , or 'winners' as the ball was launched at them, he found ways of letting it drop trapping and passing. Now at 18 he is the most comfotable player on the ball in his team plays all across the defence or defensive mid can use both feet . Whereas his peers that were just heading it anywhere are still doing that.
As others have said this can only be good for young players learning to play on the floor.

Is your son Nasri?

No one has mentioned that those players, who are suffering from dementia that might or might not have been brought on be heading a football, are from the generation that used the old leather ball that became extremely heavy in the wet.

Modern, plastic balls, while still heavy enough, don’t get any heavier even if it’s pissing down.

Dave Watson?

synthetic leather lightweight balls have been in the pro game everywhere since 1980, having been introduced in the 60s.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.