John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His decline has been worrying. Pep thought he could turn him into a top defender but that's unlikely. We should have gone for VVD who is on a different level and has made the Liverpool defence what it is. A key signing for them and a big mistake by us not getting him.
There is no Premiership proven CB who could fill the gap.
Stones is great in training but doesn't seem to replicate it on the pitch.
If we had got VVD we wouldn’t have got Laporte. I think we got the better deal. Laporte suits our system more than VVD would. He’s also younger and left footed.

His decline has been worrying. Pep thought he could turn him into a top defender but that's unlikely. We should have gone for VVD who is on a different level and has made the Liverpool defence what it is. A key signing for them and a big mistake by us not getting him.
There is no Premiership proven CB who could fill the gap.
Stones is great in training but doesn't seem to replicate it on the pitch.
It wasnt even on the table, VVD wanted to go to Liverpool.

This was my first post in this thread,i don't see any improvement

Guardiola on John Stones: “He’s young. He’s made mistakes once or twice. This situation, if the player is open minded, you get stronger. Football has more mistakes than success. You lose more than you win, it's a process to be better. It depends on him."

karen7, 26 Jul 2019

Today

Pep Guardiola: "I want John [Stones] to be with the national team. My feeling for him is the same as always. I have to make decisions and be honest. It’s not easy when I select Eric Garcia [ahead of Stones], but he played really well and deserved a chance."

If we had got VVD we wouldn’t have got Laporte. I think we got the better deal. Laporte suits our system more than VVD would. He’s also younger and left footed.

In retrospect we should have got VVD when he was at Celtic and let them keep Denayer. They were both decent prospects but its alarming how differently their respective career paths have gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.