Lord Steel aware Cyril Smith was abusing boys

It's well worth remembering that the fat slug Cyril Smith was knighted. (God knows what he'd have weighed in armour, would have made Henry VIII look like Twiggy and he would have had to ride a cart horse.)

Seriously, do the secret services not check people out before they receive high honours from HMQ? If they do, does it mean MI5 are incompetent, or that no one gave a shit? Being the cynical get that I am, I strongly suspect the latter.

It's well worth remembering that the fat slug Cyril Smith was knighted. (God knows what he'd have weighed in armour, would have made Henry VIII look like Twiggy and he would have had to ride a cart horse.)

Seriously, do the secret services not check people out before they receive high honours from HMQ? If they do, does it mean MI5 are incompetent, or that no one gave a shit? Being the cynical get that I am, I strongly suspect the latter.
I would expect various people in higher places were complicit in the abuse including those in intelligence. (grabs my coat as I'm hauled off to the tower)

Vile Twat
The 81-year-old said: "I have received indications that some in the Liberal Democrat party wish me suspended and investigated again, despite a previous disciplinary process in Scotland which concluded that no further action was required.
"I am told that others are threatening to resign if a new investigation is started.

"I wish to avoid any such turmoil in my party and to prevent further distress to my family."

No one has ever explained why Paedophilia was just accepted and ignored in the 60's and 70's. We were all warned as children about not getting into cars with strangers etc but all the adults seem to know abuse was going on by the vicar/choirmaster/scout leader. Hell I knew Smith was bent in the 70's as a teenager, all the liberal Party were bent and yet no one bothered about it.

Before the Libs have ago, that poor dog did not deserve to be shot !

No one has ever explained why Paedophilia was just accepted and ignored in the 60's and 70's. We were all warned as children about not getting into cars with strangers etc but all the adults seem to know abuse was going on by the vicar/choirmaster/scout leader. Hell I knew Smith was bent in the 70's as a teenager, all the liberal Party were bent and yet no one bothered about it.

Before the Libs have ago, that poor dog did not deserve to be shot !
When I was growing up the local sea scout leader was a standing joke in our town. Don't go on his boat you'll get jolly rogered. And guess what? He was a Lord of the realm too

He was far from the only politician at the time that turned a blind eye to it.

Links between the NCCL and PIE in the 70's shows you that.

The honours system is so broken that I automatically treat any Sir/OBE/CBE with suspicion. All too many are either bent, or know where the bodies are buried, or are senior public service plodders who haven’t rocked the boat. In most cases they were already well remunerated for doing what they do.

Obviously there are good uns too but the system doesn’t differentiate too well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.