Harvey Weinstein.

That is not strictly true,it was a different subject to weinstein and they were at pains to stress that it was a mutual friends with benefits sort of arrangement,nothing in the slightest to warrant being tagged into this thread

The point is the double standards. If a male landlord went on tv saying he offered free accommodation in exchange for sex he would be slaughtered and a police investigation called for as it was 'legal rape' whereby innocent women were being abused. If you then take it a step further, is it OK for a female Director to say to a good looking aspiring male actor, shag me and you've got the part.

I didn't mean to imply it was the same article. I'm not sure they were friends though. Surely she, or a good number of people would let a friend stay for nothing.

But she definitely let him off paying rent in exchange for sex though, and it is this that causes a conflict in my view. There were four women laughing and joking that she was using this man for her own gratification. As I said previously, can you imagine the response if a man had said on a TV chat show that he lets women stay in his house for free, just as long as they have sex with him? I wouldn't consider that to be acceptable or appropriate behaviour, and I don't think it is a suitable topic for discussion on daytime TV.

Do you think it would be an acceptable matter to be discussed? How would you feel if four men discussed this in a light hearted manner on TV, laughing and joking about the man's achievements?

I wanted to highlight the hypocrisy of these women, rightly condemning the actions of Weinstein, but in the same broadcast they celebrated the questionable sexual morals of one of their panelists.
She has been married 4 times,cheated on them all,i don't find her stories very funny,i think she is not a very nice person but i think she exaggerorates a lot to play up to it,they did clarify it was a mutual arrangement and she was not holding it over him like that,the whole premise of the show is that they share everything,health,family,problems,their honest opinions on everything otherwise it would not work,if you think that was bad it barely touched the sides

The point is the double standards. If a male landlord went on tv saying he offered free accommodation in exchange for sex he would be slaughtered and a police investigation called for as it was 'legal rape' whereby innocent women were being abused. If you then take it a step further, is it OK for a female Director to say to a good looking aspiring male actor, shag me and you've got the part.
It wasn't like that misty,you would have to watch what was said,it is nothing to do with power or abuse or anything like that,tagging it to this case is daft

The point is the double standards. If a male landlord went on tv saying he offered free accommodation in exchange for sex he would be slaughtered and a police investigation called for as it was 'legal rape' whereby innocent women were being abused.
I don't think they would be. It's basically prostitution, which while often illegal, isn't rape (unless we're talking about trafficking victims or underage girls).

If you then take it a step further, is it OK for a female Director to say to a good looking aspiring male actor, shag me and you've got the part.
Again, it would be illegal in the US, but wouldn't meet the criteria for rape. Propositioning someone in such a way would constitute sexual harassment and the company itself could also be sued under civil rights legislation.

Harvey Weinstein might be guilty of doing this, but he's also been found guilty of good old-fashioned forcing himself on someone who doesn't consent rape.

Having said all this, it's entirely possible that she's admitted to a crime.

She has been married 4 times,cheated on them all,i don't find her stories very funny,i think she is not a very nice person but i think she exaggerorates a lot to play up to it,they did clarify it was a mutual arrangement and she was not holding it over him like that,the whole premise of the show is that they share everything,health,family,problems,their honest opinions on everything otherwise it would not work,if you think that was bad it barely touched the sides
Ok Karen. I respect you, and your opinions. I'm recently retired, and new to daytime telly, and not yet up to speed with the dynamics of the show. I did find her comments inappropriate though, especially in the light of the serious nature of the Weinstein case, which they had all just talked about. I just don't think this is a subject that should be laughed and joked about, because it is so easy for misunderstandings to occur. You only need to look at the last ten or so posts in this thread to see that.

Ok Karen. I respect you, and your opinions. I'm recently retired, and new to daytime telly, and not yet up to speed with the dynamics of the show. I did find her comments inappropriate though, especially in the light of the serious nature of the Weinstein case, which they had all just talked about. I just don't think this is a subject that should be laughed and joked about, because it is so easy for misunderstandings to occur. You only need to look at the last ten or so posts in this thread to see that.
Welcome to daytime tv,it's amazing what you can learn especially about women lol
I understand you didn't find it very respectful,perhaps it wasn't right to say it today albeit it was a different subject

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.