John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect we should have got VVD when he was at Celtic and let them keep Denayer. They were both decent prospects but its alarming how differently their respective career paths have gone.

Van Dijk is clearly on another level but, to be fair, at Denayer's age he was only just playing his first season with Southampton. Plus, although it looked like he might end up fading into obscurity, he's become part of the spine of a decent Lyon team and is enjoying his second full season of Champions League football.

To be honest, I'd rather have him than John or Otamendi right now but he came through our academy so he obviously had no future with us.

With Laporte back and a fully fit squad bar Sane who isn't far off, it's hard to see him even making the bench vs Madrid.

As much as I'm not a huge fan of his, it is a shame to see the way things have gone for John. I think he probably needs a fresh start somewhere he's going to play regularly in order to get his career back on track.

With Laporte back and a fully fit squad bar Sane who isn't far off, it's hard to see him even making the bench vs Madrid.

As much as I'm not a huge fan of his, it is a shame to see the way things have gone for John. I think he probably needs a fresh start somewhere he's going to play regularly in order to get his career back on track.
He's a bit of a vanity project. We should just admit we overpaid for a player who has shown occasional glimmers of promise but in the main has been a waste of money and time.

He's a bit of a vanity project. We should just admit we overpaid for a player who has shown occasional glimmers of promise but in the main has been a waste of money and time.

As frustrating as he is, I'd struggle to call him a waste of money and time when he's played a part in two record breaking title wins. Similar to how I think Otamendi has been utter dogshit for the vast majority of the time he's been with us but can't deny he's played he's part when things have gone well.

If Stones is sold we would get our money back I would have thought, and as mentioned by Tugay OC he has played a big enough part in trophies won under Pep. I still hold on to hope, that he finds his mojo again, but he needs to do it soon if it is to be with us.

If Stones is sold we would get our money back I would have thought, and as mentioned by Tugay OC he has played a big enough part in trophies won under Pep. I still hold on to hope, that he finds his mojo again, but he needs to do it soon if it is to be with us.

I don't see that happening. Who would want him? If he cant nail down a place in our side, when he has Pep as a cheerleader and a style of football which really should suit his attributes, I don't see him working out anywhere else. Which top side is going to want him and for £50m? If he was to go to a lower level team, he would have to defend more, which he can't do. I just don't envisage a huge number of clubs wanting him and we will be praying for Arteta to take a gamble on him, even then, I don't see Arsenal taking a £50m gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.