Officially the least used academy in Europes top 5 leagues.

I bet we regret selling kasper so cheap
I bet we didn't given he was just 22 when we sold him and he's been with 3 clubs since. Leicester actually paid less than we got for him 2 years earlier and he didn't get back into the top flight until the 14/15 season.

It's more bollocks stats,it's much easier to get into most teams than a team like ours

Yeah, that graph has just been compiled 'cos we're at the bottom. Where's the graph that shows how many billions have been created by the regeneration of a run down area of a City? Ah, that doesn't interest people, and MCFC wouldn't be at the bottom.

I bet we didn't given he was just 22 when we sold him and he's been with 3 clubs since. Leicester actually paid less than we got for him 2 years earlier and he didn't get back into the top flight until the 14/15 season.

grown as a player was shocked we sold him.

Had a great game i remember against arsenal. If it wasnt for him we would of been dicked massively.

Some names I hadn't seen in a while there. I remember thinking Huws, Fofana, and Byrne were all going to make it here. Not even close lol

Some names I hadn't seen in a while there. I remember thinking Huws, Fofana, and Byrne were all going to make it here. Not even close lol

I do tend to roll my eyes every time you see someone suggest x youth players is definitely going to make it with us. I would guess that less than 1 in 10 of our EDS level players are still at pro clubs at age 25 and that is only just below the average for level 1 academies. If a player goes through our system and makes 10 years playing as a pro then that is a great result and if they have played at a half decent level they should have a healthy bank balance at the end of it and i would be happy for them.

The harsh reality is that most kids in academies are just filling out the youth teams needed to bring the best through and at best they will get to fill in a gap in a squad for a year or two before being moved on. If they move on and do well then great. It all exists to find the likes of a Phil Foden as it only takes one of them to cover the cost of the whole thing for 10 years or more.

You could change the culture by insisting that a 25 man squad had at least x academy graduates but i tend to think that I'd rather have 1 that is truly good enough.

I do tend to roll my eyes every time you see someone suggest x youth players is definitely going to make it with us.

Guilty.

In the past certainly you could look at an England youth team and, 5 years on many were not even at a top team, but many were not even playing professionally. Could be brilliant at age 17 and 5 years later not even good enough for League 2 teams to take that player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.