Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Joe Hart has gone right down in my estimation. He’s bitter.
That was a blatant foul by Ramos on Gabby, he clipped his heel as he ran behind him. Foul and a red card.
bitter cünt.
If I could send you a screen shot of my text to my dad I would send it comes across your post.
He's been a twat tonight. Nothing good to say. Even said Jesus should be booked for diving along with 'David Silva is OK'.

Fuck Off.

Sky Sports News...
Now playing
Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton recap???

Any European games on tonight?

Zzzzzzzz

Great position to be in for the second leg but I can’t help but feel we could have finished the tie completely tonight. They were shocking and I suspect will be quite grateful they’re still in this tie after that. Them missing Ramos next game is a great bonus and cancels out us potentially missing Laporte.

Can’t have anybody moan about everybody being out to get us tonight either the ref was very good I thought, reffed it fairly and didn’t dish out cards for the sake of it.

Nice taste of their own medicine too with Jesus learning some of the dark arts Real Madrid are masters of, he threw himself to the floor for that red card after baiting Ramos into touching him.

Ederson very good, his usual assured self on the ball, made a couple of good saves when needed and even came and collected a few crosses from set pieces which he tends not to do.

Kyle Walker was superb throughout and dealt with their biggest and only real threat with ease, I don’t blame him at all for their goal, he was attempting to cover got a slight push and had the ball get stuck between his legs the blame for that goal lies firmly with Rodri and Otamendi.

Fernandinho was a leader and superb his positional awareness for a position he’s been in for less than a year is staggering.

Otamendi at fault for their goal and was in no mans land when they put a ball across for a tap in only for Ederson to save the day, reasonably solid apart from that and aggressive in the air. Typical Otamendi really you’re always waiting for his next brain fart.

mendy had a handful of terrible touches and passes but was otherwise very good again and impressive discipline from him being on a yellow so early.

Rodri was average, massively at fault for the goal, had a few other instances where he lost it and there was space behind him often but Madrid chose not to target it for whatever reason, was a calming influence for the most part on the call though.

Gundogan put in a great performance, a better number 6 than Rodri and a better number 8 than Kdb tonight, like many on here I’m critical of him a fair bit and it’s justified imo but not tonight, stood up and was counted.

KDB was quite quiet, didn’t get the best out of him in that formation but he put a shift in and provided a danger as well as finally scoring a penalty,

Bernardo was a bit like Kdb too didn’t see the best of him but ran tirelessly.

Mahrez was non-existent first half much better second half but switched off too much defensively and too greedy.

And finally Jesus put in a double shift on the left, brilliant display from him convinced me more if it was possible that he’s better on the left rather than upfront.

KDB, Gabby and Ilkay were incredible. Sterling being subbed on changed the game. We were so good!

Hopefully Laporte is okay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.