Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
rodri is average as fuck. jogging around doing fuck all with zero positional sense, fast as turtle. We waited 3 years to buy perfect replacement for Fern, but got half of player of Fabinho.
It’s good people are recognizing Gundogans contribution but also remember Rodri is only 22 and it’s his first season.

Pep changes the formation and set up very often, Rodri playing single or double pivot or as a wide cb. Gundogan has had more time to adapt to Peps tactical tweaks.

Rodri's had a solid first season and I thought they both played well tonight.

Over the course of the season, I would give Rodri a 6.5, not great, not terrible but clearly a massive drop in quality from Fern and even a significant drop in quality from Gundogan.

As for tonight, Rodri was fucking atrocious. No doubt Otamendi will be the one that cops all the flak on here but the lead up to their goal started with yet another risky backwards Rodri pass.

It’s good people are recognizing Gundogans contribution but also remember Rodri is only 22 and it’s his first season.

Pep changes the formation and set up very often, Rodri playing single or double pivot or as a wide cb. Gundogan has had more time to adapt to Peps tactical tweaks.

yeah, I might be impatient with Rodri, it's his first season and it needs time to learn pep's football. But I can't see it so far unfortunately, it's the physics that worries me the most.

yeah, I might be impatient with Rodri, it's his first season and it needs time to learn pep's football. But I can't see it so far unfortunately, it's the physics that worries me the most.
I get the frustration too, but I think I’ve seen enough positive attributes that his potential is simply too huge to ignore. He has to play to reach it.

Not his biggest fan and frustrating so often. He was fantastic tonight, pleased for him and hope we see more of the same.

Gundogan's problem is the way we have to sacrifice our best formation to squeeze him into the team. It was the same again tonight for the first 70 minutes.

In terms of his passing though, that's never been in doubt. One of the best 5 yard passers I've seen.

Gundogan's problem is the way we have to sacrifice our best formation to squeeze him into the team. It was the same again tonight for the first 70 minutes.

In terms of his passing though, that's never been in doubt. One of the best 5 yard passers I've seen.
He can play as a 6 in our 433 as he has showed many times. He can also play a double pivot.

Literally the only questionable position is when tasked to play as a floating 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.