UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEA TO PB. You may be beginning to realise what unbounded joy your posts this afternoon have spread among Blue Mooners. To stop myself getting giddier and giddier please verify that I have drawn the following correct conclusions:

1. UEFA does not have any of the emails which are held to prove the club has inflated sponsorship deals.

2. UEFA's case rests entirely on assertions made in DS that emails exist which prove this. City have refused to comment on such emails at all and have not confirmed their existence but have said simply that they are part of an attempt to damage the club's reputation.

3. UEFA are being coerced into this action by the clubs which were formerly the G14 and the AC was threatened with "consequences" if it did not ban City from CL, in accordance with the recommendation of the CL.

4. No evidence which can be taken seriously by CAS to support the charges against City exists and the charges will "be laughes out of court".

5. City will not let the matter rest if/when CAS upholds our appeal but will go after the cartel - and this is the most appetising morcel, has the evidence to make sure Liverpool "choke" on their first title in 30 years.

Without going into details are you certain City have the evidence to prove all this "irrefutably"? This would be sufficient to have you raised to the peerage as the Lord Colin of Prestwich and the stadium known as the Prestwich Blue Camp (in memory of an old G14 member gone bust).

I've just had a thought. Maybe this is a set-up by City, UEFA, and Der Spiegel to trap some of the other cartel clubs. City provide DS with some doctored e-mails, they publish them along with a shit back story, and the cartel just help themselves so they (and that racist prick Tebas) pressurise UEFA into doing something, and UEFA provide City with all the evidence they need of this orchestrated campaign which in turn we eventually throw back in the faces of those responsible....

Right, I'm off for a lie down
Have you been on the extra strong stuff again??

This whole story looks fabricated.
Under no circumstances would someone held in prison, “on these type of charges” be able to meet and discuss anything related to the case with members of the press.
His lawyer has been running a campaign with many open press conferences. He has also been repeating publically what Pinto has told him in extensive interviews, He is building his defence on claims that Pinto is just a whistleblower who wants to clean football up.

PLEA TO PB. You may be beginning to realise what unbounded joy your posts this afternoon have spread among Blue Mooners. To stop myself getting giddier and giddier please verify that I have drawn the following correct conclusions:

1. UEFA does not have any of the emails which are held to prove the club has inflated sponsorship deals.

2. UEFA's case rests entirely on assertions made in DS that emails exist which prove this. City have refused to comment on such emails at all and have not confirmed their existence but have said simply that they are part of an attempt to damage the club's reputation.

3. UEFA are being coerced into this action by the clubs which were formerly the G14 and the AC was threatened with "consequences" if it did not ban City from CL, in accordance with the recommendation of the CL.

4. No evidence which can be taken seriously by CAS to support the charges against City exists and the charges will "be laughes out of court".

5. City will not let the matter rest if/when CAS upholds our appeal but will go after the cartel - and this is the most appetising morcel, has the evidence to make sure Liverpool "choke" on their first title in 30 years.

Without going into details are you certain City have the evidence to prove all this "irrefutably"? This would be sufficient to have you raised to the peerage as the Lord Colin of Prestwich and the stadium known as the Prestwich Blue Camp (in memory of an old G14 member gone bust).
I’d say that’s pretty close, also adding that I’d guess the “failure to co-operate” charge is largely based upon UEFA asking us to provide the email streams and us telling them to get fucked.

The curious case of Zenit st Petersburg

https://theblacksea.eu/stories/foot...inancial-doping-russian-state-football-clubs/

A very long but interesting read.

The main points are Zenit were found failing FFP in 2013 after their Gazprom deal( who are one of Uefas main sponsor) was found to be massively overinflated(around £100M.)

Over the course of 3 years Zenit kept moving money around to say they didn't fail and then their lawyers found a mysterious clause which said they could be an extra £20M over FFP rules as Russia was an emerging Football national.

The only time any kind of ban since then is the stadium fan ban for displaying racist banners.

Where was the World Cup held in 2018? I think we all know that.

Who is Zenits most famous fan?
It doesn't take a genius to work that out either.

See I don't mind (apart from any racist behaviour which should be punished). I liked it when the Russian clubs and Ukrainian clubs were strong forces and doing well, I just don't like us being vilified for sod all.

6. Liverpool will be stripped of said title and relegated. Mcfc champions for the third year running.

Eighty-Eight million documents? And they managed to find just on City?

My take is that if there was anything else, Der Spiegel would have willingly published it. They shot their load after the first couple of days. Everything after that, was just a hatchet job about City's supposed lack of status and history.

Remember the Panama Papers which showed a previously unheard of level of corruption in top political, legal and business figures globally?
They just prosecuted their first person ever about those. A small scale German-American businessman of no real standing. Remarkable huh?

Extremely fanciful but attractive scenario. However, if it came to pass, FIFA would pick up the pieces with their world club championship. UEFA would be left with a minor competition featuring small clubs like Bournemouth and Manchester Oonited.

Good thing we did the deal with FIFA's boss first time around then.

This whole story looks fabricated.
Under no circumstances would someone held in prison, “on these type of charges” be able to meet and discuss anything related to the case with members of the press.

What are we supposed to infer from this bit as well? "“I talked with Rui’s family a few days ago after City were banned and they told me that the first thing he said was: ‘Why only two years?’” says Buschmann."

So Pinto is a hacker but it doesn't necessarily mean he is an authority on business finance, FFP or the inner workings of EUFA. The guy is a thief, why would he automatically be considered a valued opinion on the merit or severity of any UEFA judgement?

The rest of the article also talks about the emails being discovered by the Der Spiegel reporter Christoph Winterbach from the cache of 70million documents supplied by Pinto, not by Pinto himself. Supposedly Pinto didn't/doesn't have any particular interest in City, more an interest in hacking anything he could get his hands on.

Sounds like a lot of made up bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.