Dele Alli (again)

So Bernardo was racist, Alli just "broke social media rules"...
If you give someone enough rope they'll end up hanging themselves.

It's blatantly obvious what's going on with the media circus. The double standard within the broadcasting media and the football fraternity is at a new level.

You've got the media on a witch hunt for Bernardo following his tweet. Alli's tweet (which some might say is far more insensitive) recieved a completely different portrayal from the media. Yes, we don't know what may or may not happen to Alli. But that's the point. When Bernardo was in a similar situation we knew exactly what was going to happen to him thanks to the media, and it did.

The people on the board at Manchester City are not daft they know exactly what is going on. Look at what happened to Peter Walton. Before he was unceremoniously dumped from officiating in the premier league I've got a sneaking suspicion we may have presented a rather comprehensive dossier on him?

Look at the treatment we're getting from UEFA. We're being punished for investment and sustainable growth while the rags are being rewarded for asset stripping and accumulating further debt.

Double Standards. It'll all come out in the wash.

If you give someone enough rope they'll end up hanging themselves.

It's blatantly obvious what's going on with the media circus. The double standard within the broadcasting media and the football fraternity is at a new level.

You've got the media on a witch hunt for Bernardo following his tweet. Alli's tweet (which some might say is far more insensitive) recieved a completely different portrayal from the media. Yes, we don't know what may or may not happen to Alli. But that's the point. When Bernardo was in a similar situation we knew exactly what was going to happen to him thanks to the media, and it did.

The people on the board at Manchester City are not daft they know exactly what is going on. Look at what happened to Peter Walton. Before he was unceremoniously dumped from officiating in the premier league I've got a sneaking suspicion we may have presented a rather comprehensive dossier on him?

Look at the treatment we're getting from UEFA. We're being punished for investment and sustainable growth while the rags are being rewarded for asset stripping and accumulating further debt.

Double Standards. It'll all come out in the wash.

To my knowledge, in both instances there was a big splash in the media for a few days - with the story resurfacing periodically in the week or two after. Both players were roundly condemned. Both are likely to receive the same punishment.

So I don't see the same double standards at work that you see. What's happening here, I think, is that you naturally focus far more on stories that directly concern your club and far less on stories that don't. Therefore, it will inevitably seem to you and all City fans that the Bernardo story attracted far greater and more damning coverage. For my part, the Bernardo story barely caused a ripple in my consciousness. Likewise the vast majority of Spurs fans, I suspect. But, for us, the Alli story has been splashed all over the place.

Different perspectives. Not double standards.

He took the piss out of paranoia.

True, and there are many on here that suffer from it, thinking all the world and his dog are against MCFC.
That said, I'll offer a different double standard: Bernardo is a hugely likable fellow and Alli is a nasty twat with an eminently slappable face.

True, and there are many on here that suffer from it, thinking all the world and his dog are against MCFC.
That said, I'll offer a different double standard: Bernardo is a hugely likable fellow and Alli is a nasty twat with an eminently slappable face.

Can’t argue with that. But he is our nasty twat.

I should add that, unless he recovers at least some of his past form, it won’t be long before I start hoping that he becomes someone else’s nasty twat.

Can’t argue with that. But he is our nasty twat.

I should add that, unless he recovers at least some of his past form, it won’t be long before I start hoping that he becomes someone else’s nasty twat.
Rather than a one game ban Ali should just be injected with the virus, he’ll feels ill for a week or so and learn not to be a racist twat and limit himself to just being a twat going forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.