Dele Alli (again)

I'm obviously in an absolute minority here as I wasn't offended by his joke.

If he didn't play for Spurs they wouldn't be offended. I mean seriously how do people get offended over this shit!? The hysteria is a bit much lol

If I were Alli I'd be posting myself drinking a corona and winking, a nice F you to the FA and all pricks that get bent out of shape over it, grow some bollocks!!

Rather than a one game ban Ali should just be injected with the virus, he’ll feels ill for a week or so and learn not to be a racist twat and limit himself to just being a twat going forward

As a overseas chinese I'm offended by the casual racism displayed by that racist idiot and some of spuds supporters defending him. But have no wish to see him or others ill from that virus. I read first hand accounts of families in hubei province devastated by the virus, one even had 3 from her immediate family die due to infections.

And brave Chinese doctors and nurses rushing to Wuhan, risking their lives, to help fight the epidemic and quite afew not making it in the end. Hospitals short staffed that med staff have to work 12-hour shifts, wearing fucking adult diapers, because their hazmat suits need to be disposed of once they take it off. Nurses, many of them young born post-90's, shearing off their hair so that they can more easily wear their protective gear. They spend so long wearing their masks that their faces are etched with welts. And so on... It's a terrible thing to face I have plenty of respect for these people.

And no wish for another person to get infected no matter how much a racist idiot.

Another note Bernardo didn't meant to be racist, it is inside joke to his good friend and long time teammate. Alli certainly did.

As a overseas chinese I'm offended by the casual racism displayed by that racist idiot and some of spuds supporters defending him. But have no wish to see him or others ill from that virus. I read first hand accounts of families in hubei province devastated by the virus, one even had 3 from her immediate family die due to infections......

.....Another note Bernardo didn't meant to be racist, it is inside joke to his good friend and long time teammate. Alli certainly did.

You know that how, exactly?

Answer: you don't.

The real issue here is that you just didn't get the joke. It wasn't at the expense of Chinese or other Asians. And it certainly wasn't mocking those who have suffered or died from coronavirus. The butt of the joke was paranoia - how people start to behave when such health scares hit the news. There is no joke otherwise.

If you are familiar with British culture, you will know that this kind of joke (and many which are genuinely offensive) follows in the wake of all manner of disaster stories - spreading like wildfire around offices; between friends; on twitter etc etc. If you are to immerse yourself in British culture, you will have to learn to become a little less sensitive.

The real issue here is that you just didn't get the joke. It wasn't at the expense of Chinese or other Asians. And it certainly wasn't mocking those who have suffered or died from coronavirus. The butt of the joke was paranoia - how people start to behave when such health scares hit the news. There is no joke otherwise.

I think you’re affording Alli too much thinking power here.

He most likely saw a Chinese person, thought “uuuuuh it would be funny if I joked he has the Coronavirus as it’s come from China” so posted a video on it.

He’s a fucking chav, and it was crass. If there was a joke, it wasn’t funny for a large percentage of people in Asia and he has to bear the brunt of that as a public figure.

If you are familiar with British culture, you will know that this kind of joke (and many which are genuinely offensive) follows in the wake of all manner of disaster stories - spreading like wildfire around offices; between friends; on twitter etc etc. If you are to immerse yourself in British culture, you will have to learn to become a little less sensitive.

That's some slick, sententious shit there, mate.

Its pretty obvious to me he meant to be casually racist. Yes I may not be immersed in British culture and know the nuances of it. However I also am not particularly knowledgeable on Portuguese joke culture and yet I know bernando did not have bad intentions. Many times its just plain to see.

This is simply extra ordinary times for affected chinese people in china and around the world. Asian people getting beat up in supermarket for being mistakenly identified as chinese, shops owned by chinese smashed and insensitive jokes made online, so forgive me if I'm being intolerant of racist jokes in bad taste made by a notorious spurs player.

That's some slick, sententious shit there, mate.

We’ve had people claiming to know that Alli meant his video to be racist when they actually know nothing of the sort; and Crouchinho and I have been accused of casual racism when we are guilty of nothing of the sort.

So you need to direct your accusations of sententiousness elsewhere.

Its pretty obvious to me he meant to be casually racist. Yes I may not be immersed in British culture and know the nuances of it. However I also am not particularly knowledgeable on Portuguese joke culture and yet I know bernando did not have bad intentions. Many times its just plain to see.

This is simply extra ordinary times for affected chinese people in china and around the world. Asian people getting beat up in supermarket for being mistakenly identified as chinese, shops owned by chinese smashed and insensitive jokes made online, so forgive me if I'm being intolerant of racist jokes in bad taste made by a notorious spurs player.
Having seen Bernardo crucified because someone said he is racist, I couldn't disagree more.

We don't know

I see we're now expected to believe it was a very clever Tweet from Ali......he's shown nothing whenever I've seen him interviewed to suggest he's anywhere near that intelligent.

He was a dick and a twat posting what he did on a public forum, racist? Only he knows that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.