Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

I have just slept over 12hrs straight and staggering like i have been done by a whole rugby team
What were you drinking Kaz? Afternoon tipples require a certain amount of pacing it has to be said. Cup finals are also emotionally draining and Wembley is a ballache to get to. Specially if you need a waz and you've jumped on the stopping tube not the fast one like I did. Nearly had a new entry to post in the 'have you ever soiled yourself' thread!

What were you drinking Kaz? Afternoon tipples require a certain amount of pacing it has to be said. Cup finals are also emotionally draining and Wembley is a ballache to get to. Specially if you need a waz and you've jumped on the stopping tube not the fast one like I did. Nearly had a new entry to post in the 'have you ever soiled yourself' thread!
Ha that would have been funny,it was a lot for a knacked body like mine but it's so fantastic to be going to games again,it's well worth all the pain

Every time I’ve been to Wembley I say I’m not going to go on the coach and alway end up doing so.

Got there at 4.10 and spent 11 hours or so on it. The train sounds great - actually get to enjoy pre match

Every time I’ve been to Wembley I say I’m not going to go on the coach and alway end up doing so.

Got there at 4.10 and spent 11 hours or so on it. The train sounds great - actually get to enjoy pre match
As British Rail used to sat "Let the train take the strain". Fuck that driving 200 miles back from London in the dark.
I left Piccadilly at 11.55 am ,had 2 seats to myself,so had a half hour snooze and got into Euston at 14.10. Bit of a stroll down to Russell Square and ate my barms(not f**kin muffins)in the park.
On the Tube at 3.15pm and at Wembley for 3.45pm.
Return journey I was back at Euston for 7.30pm,bought a couple of sarnies and a bottle of Lucozade for £7(robbing twats).
Hung about for an hour. Train out of Euston at 8.35pm with 2 seats to myself again. Back in Piccadilly at 10.55pm and home for 11.15pm. Fresh as daisy and had a bottle of red vino to celebrate our fine victory.
The only problem I encountered all day was my phone went battery went dead halfway home so I could not enjoy the posts on Bluemoon until I got home.
All for £55 return.
Oh and I nearly forgot but Euston provide a water tap to refill to top up your empty bottle,and it actually counts how many plastic bottles have been saved from polluting the environment.
I'm sure that Greta would have given me a quick nosh now that she knows that I am a City eco-warrior.

Last edited:
I remember when we played united in 2011 and it was such a big event; inflatables, chants....and the poznan. United fans just stood there.

Fast forward 8 years and numerous trips to Wembley and the shine has definitely been taken off the occasion.

For Villa on Sunday read city in 2011.

Is human nature unfortunately.

Agree completely, just not great if we don’t cherish each and every final no matter how often it happens
I still do by the way but it’s hard to capture the passion of the United semi or Stoke/Sunderland finals especially when the opposition aren’t up to the job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.