COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but the post I was responding to referenced the third world and it being a factor in the spread. It will go through any city in the same way, but I wanted to clear up the concerns the poster had
Fair enough, but my point is that the devastation in those big African cities could be palpably worse than elsewhere for a number of reasons

My guess is that very soon after the first UK deaths they’ll pull the plug on sporting events. Public opinion will harden against large gatherings, there’ll be a step up in the anxiety levels.

The PL will be happy for games to be played behind closed doors if that fulfills the Sky contract

Can’t see the FA being happy playing the semi finals and final in an empty Wembley stadium. I wouldn’t be surprised if those games were postponed until August, possibly in place of the Community Shield

I have used my iPad, as well as my substantial graphic design talents, to create the following to demonstrate why “pushing it away” is an important mitigation strategy from a public healthcare capacity perspective.

7522499-E-97-CF-44-F6-B511-A68-B8-A0-EB4-A2.jpg

To respond to the inevitable snark, it was actually quite the achievement to keep my hands steady to draw this without my stylus (which I think the missus nicked).
You got the colours right for good and bad , that's the main thing. ;-)

My guess is that very soon after the first UK deaths they’ll pull the plug on sporting events. Public opinion will harden against large gatherings, there’ll be a step up in the anxiety levels.

The PL will be happy for games to be played behind closed doors if that fulfills the Sky contract

Can’t see the FA being happy playing the semi finals and final in an empty Wembley stadium. I wouldn’t be surprised if those games were postponed until August, possibly in place of the Community Shield
At least we'll have an excuse for not selling out Wembley for the semi if we get there ;-)

I have used my iPad, as well as my substantial graphic design talents, to create the following to demonstrate why “pushing it away” is an important mitigation strategy from a public healthcare capacity perspective.

7522499-E-97-CF-44-F6-B511-A68-B8-A0-EB4-A2.jpg

To respond to the inevitable snark, it was actually quite the achievement to keep my hands steady to draw this without my stylus (which I think the missus nicked).

Ooh, I can play this game...

Good
0_Brighton-vs-Manchester-City-United-Kingdom-12-May-2019.jpg

Bad
thumb_88507_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.