COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only sky saying this, all the other chatter is that the prem have been told by government to get their stratergy together with 3 options

1. No changes
2. Behind closed doors games.
3. Cancel games.

As per Sky probably got their i fo off social media and didn't fact check.
Aren’t they still arguing that if they play matches behind closed doors everyone will just go to the pub? Clearly an exaggeration but by how much? Personally I would watch some matches in the pub others at home, depending mainly on the kick off time. I don’t think there’ll be that many kids taken to the pub. Not everyone likes going to the pub. And at this time of the season when there are plenty of meaningless games, a lot of fans will just give it a miss if they can’t go the game. I can see them doing a deal with Sky to televise additional fixtures but can’t see them televising all PL games. And of course it wouldn’t just affect PL clubs. It might be that they only ban fans from games above a certain threshold, but that would still cause issues in the lower leagues where there a small number of clubs with big followings eg Sunderland and Bradford City.

Ultimately this sort of decision will be dictated as much by public/media opinion as by the science. At the moment public opinion seems to be “keep calm and carry on”, there doesn’t seem to be any appetite for imposing severe restrictions. But that can easily change. It would only take a few distressed and angry bereaved relatives appearing in the media and blaming the government for lack of action for that to change.

It’s nit just about the premier league it’s all leagues, promotion relegation etc, if you cancel games and they say oh we will play them in summer, who knows how long will this go on for? Cancel the bloody season if you have to, can’t see the euros or Olympics happening either nit u less some miracle cure is made and that won’t happen for at least 6 months as they have to test it first once they have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.