UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’d be odd if we haven’t but, like you, I haven’t seen it reported anywhere that we have requested it.

I presume (as per @Gordyola s post) we're trying for the expedited hearing first, if they come back with a 'no' then we'll put in for the suspension (unless you put it in as a caveat initially).

We don't know
Its obvious that it depends upon how busy they are then the panel has to be selected

Credit to Law in Sport article and their Copyright
Given the comparatively short time before the ban from UEFA competitions takes effect on Manchester City (i.e. the commencement of UEFA competitions for the 2020/2021 season in the summer of 2020), the parties may elect, by mutual consent, to an expedited procedure (pursuant to R52 for appeals and R44.4 for ordinary arbitration proceedings). If the parties cannot agree to expedited proceedings, a party can apply for ‘Provisional and Conservatory Measures’ under R37. For example, Manchester City may be able to apply for an order to the effect that the ban is suspending pending exhaustion of the CAS proceedings.

Reactions: Ric
It’d be odd if we haven’t but, like you, I haven’t seen it reported anywhere that we have requested it.
Gordyola linked me to a release which clarified this. Basically we are likely now investigating the chance of a fast resolution / decision between all sides via CAS.

If we can't agree this then we can ask CAS to delay a ban, but there is no timeframe given for a 'fast resolution'.

Essentially, I take that as unless CAS are ready to throw the whole thing out at first glance, likely because of a error in the process rather than the actual punishment or evidence itself, then the next step will be to announce a delay as CAS cannot guarantee an outcome before the PL season ends, which is when CL places for the next season are confirmed.

Reactions: Ric
I so hope this is expedited by the way, 3 more months will be bad enough but if it goes on into next season then I could just lose the will to live.

This was from the 17th Feb. I've posted it before but here it is again. Like yourself, bit odd it wasn't more widely reported.

UEFA vice-president, Michele Uva: "[Manchester] City have appealed to the CAS for a suspension [of the sanction]. The times [it will take] are natural ones, however, we are talking about months and not years."

Solution to the problems. Let the G14 all fuck off to a European super league. Tell any player that goes, that they are not allowed to play international football. Get rid of Liverpool and United, then invite Rangers and Celtic into the premier league. Lets see how long the G14 last and their super league, especially if City are free from any financial restraints and can go out to buy the best of the best players.

Solution to the problems. Let the G14 all fuck off to a European super league. Tell any player that goes, that they are not allowed to play international football. Get rid of Liverpool and United, then invite Rangers and Celtic into the premier league. Lets see how long the G14 last and their super league, especially if City are free from any financial restraints and can go out to buy the best of the best players.

Interest will soon go when your travelling to Italy Spain every few weeks for an away game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.