Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Some people don't quite seem to understand the dynamics of a team and the effect DMs/CMs have, instead looking at their performance with a narrow view. That's not how the midfield functions.

When you're constantly passing it sideways and backwards at a slow pace from those positions you're negatively affecting every aspect of our game, by making it harder for everyone else to do their own jobs and be as effective as they can be. Wanna know why Fernandinho is held in such high regard? THAT is precisely the reason - he made everyone else tick.

Passing sideways and backwards allows the attacking players to get into their shape ready for the next pattern of play. Xavi was a master as slowing the game down, waiting for the trigger movements in front of him and away he went. When oppositions play a low block this is crucial rather just attacking into bodies.

Look at how many touches the DM and CBs get in any Pep team and it will always be towards the top end of any player on the pitch for precisely the reason mentioned above.

Did an excellent bit of pressing in the first half and nicked the ball off their midfield just outside their box, then stopped, turned around, waited for everyone to get back in position and passed it backwards to someone. Pretty much sums him up tbh, every now and then he shows something, looks like he might be able to make a positive impact, but then retreats back into his shell.

Absolute coward of a player, reminds me of Nasri. All the ability to make a huge impact, but too scared to even try it 99 times out of 100 so just plays it safe

Surrounded by the right players he looks quality. Otherwise he's a safe player who is risk evasive and offers little unless given plenty of time on the ball. He's not as good as his defenders would have you believe and not as bad as his detractors would have you believe. He's slap bang in the middle of both opinions.

I feel that Gundo and Rodri together don't work. We look weak in midfield when they both play.

Did an excellent bit of pressing in the first half and nicked the ball off their midfield just outside their box, then stopped, turned around, waited for everyone to get back in position and passed it backwards to someone. Pretty much sums him up tbh, every now and then he shows something, looks like he might be able to make a positive impact, but then retreats back into his shell.

Absolute coward of a player, reminds me of Nasri. All the ability to make a huge impact, but too scared to even try it 99 times out of 100 so just plays it safe

Wow mate. That's so strong. I actually think he's a quality player and adds a lot to the team. I get the frustration but it's his job to keep things ticking over. There are enough creative players in the team to do the damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.