US Soccer: Male footballers should earn more than women

So you don't really have any reasoning, just repeating the same crap. So to you, equal pay for equal work should just matter at the international level and nowhere else.
No, both male and female athletes, representing their countries in the same sports should have pay parity. The same as if I were working in a company doing the same role as a female then I would expect pay parity.

With sports that are at domestic level and or non representative international competition, run by individual bodies, specifically for male only, or female only, then each competition will have their own pay structure.

However if male and female play each other, or with each other in the same event then both should be equally paid!

That’s my opinion, and I won’t change that!

When you represent your country, male or female, there should be no discrimination as both are doing the same job!
But when TV companies pay xxx million for the mens game but only x for the womens game...
And the mens game attracts xxx thousands and the womens x thousand in the stadiums then that is not going to happen is it?

Where do you draw the line when the standard and interest of the game is obviously lower?

How about the England Paralympic Football team? Should they be paid the same too?

If anything they should get paid more. The mens team dont need the money and for people in the other teams it could be the difference between participating or not.

The mens team bring in a lot of money that should subsidise things like Paralympics which are obviously never going to be profitable but we want to have for cultural reasons.

But when TV companies pay xxx million for the mens game but only x for the womens game...
And the mens game attracts xxx thousands and the womens x thousand in the stadiums then that is not going to happen is it?
Then it is down to the international federation to make sure all incomes, from both male and female is pooled and then divided accordingly.
Sponsors are not worried where the money goes, as long as they get 5he end product.
If the male teams can’t compromise then deselect all against and select athletes that only want to represent their nation.

again this is my opinion! You have a different opinion, that’s the beauty of a forum.

Then it is down to the international federation to make sure all incomes, from both male and female is pooled and then divided accordingly.
Sponsors are not worried where the money goes, as long as they get 5he end product.
If the male teams can’t compromise then deselect all against and select athletes that only want to represent their nation.

again this is my opinion! You have a different opinion, that’s the beauty of a forum.

To me it seems like you’re defying logic just to do what seems fair, but actually isn’t. The women’s game is far inferior, so their pay should also be inferior in my opinion.

Have you ever watched women’s basketball? I have, it’s shit. It’s slow as hell and the net is the same height as the men’s, so none of the women can dunk. It’s like you’re watching a different game.

To me it seems like you’re defying logic just to do what seems fair, but actually isn’t. The women’s game is far inferior, so their pay should also be inferior in my opinion.

Have you ever watched women’s basketball? I have, it’s shit. It’s slow as hell and the net is the same height as the men’s, so none of the women can dunk. It’s like you’re watching a different game.
It’s not about inferior, it’s about the representation of your country.

That is my opinion, yours may differ and that’s your Prerogative.

It’s not about inferior, it’s about the representation of your country.

That is my opinion, yours may differ and that’s your Prerogative.

Fair enough. If it’s about representation, do you think if you represent your country an international level you should be paid the same regardless of sport?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.