US Soccer: Male footballers should earn more than women

Then it is down to the international federation to make sure all incomes, from both male and female is pooled and then divided accordingly.
Sponsors are not worried where the money goes, as long as they get 5he end product.
If the male teams can’t compromise then deselect all against and select athletes that only want to represent their nation.

again this is my opinion! You have a different opinion, that’s the beauty of a forum.
Sponsors sponsor what is popular and what is not and pay the price to sponsor - the higher the level of popularity the higher the price of sponsorship. It is why multi national companies sponsor PL teams and why the local corner shop sponsors 4th Division sides.
If we follow your logic, male players for City, Forest, Rotherham and Macclesfield should all be on the same wages and should pool sponsorship together.....
This isnt about a male / female thing but about a level of popularity and sale-ability.
It is why The Beatles are mega billionaires and A Flock Of Seagulls are not. And why Madonna is, while Sonia isnt.....

Although in this case, the women might be right

Women’s national team bigger than male over there

Not really. While I follow the womans game here in the us, it’s a lot like watching the us dream team basketball squad. They have been so dominant that them winning is expected. It’s kind of boring to watch. The quality is far inferior to the men’s game. It’s getting better as the women around the world have gotten better, but us is always the favorite. But honestly, a deep run in the World Cup would have everyone into the men’s game. It’d be three times more watched. The woman deserve to get paid, but the men’s game will always put butts in seats.

I'm not sure they're going to win with this argument, because the problem is that it doesn't just claim that women's football is played at a lower level than the men's, it also creates the reality that if there was a female player who theoretically was playing to the same standard of the men, she would be unable to make as much money as the men because she'd be forced to play in the women's game. As unlikely as that is to happen, you're still creating a situation where a woman can't possibly earn the same as the men even if she's playing to the same standard as them purely because she's a woman. The other issue is that for female players, their payment for playing for their countries could form a big part of their livelihood, but for the men, they've often already got a pretty generous pay packet from their clubs (hence why England players typically donate their fees) so you think just fucking pay them the same. It makes no difference to the men and a lot of difference to the women. And in the American situation in particular, the female team is more popular. And before they get too confident in their own money-making potential, the men only bring in more money because the tournament they (sometimes, haha) play in brings in more money. So the men's USA team are only bringing in loads of money because they're able to piggyback on the talents of Germany, Brazil, France, Argentina, etc, not on their own talents.

No for obvious commercial reasons as things currently stand.

Its for the women to make their game so good that commercially it reaches the level of the mens professional game.

Unless of course they are asking to be treated differently because they are women?

I'm not sure they're going to win with this argument, because the problem is that it doesn't just claim that women's football is played at a lower level than the men's, it also creates the reality that if there was a female player who theoretically was playing to the same standard of the men, she would be unable to make as much money as the men because she'd be forced to play in the women's game. As unlikely as that is to happen, you're still creating a situation where a woman can't possibly earn the same as the men even if she's playing to the same standard as them purely because she's a woman. The other issue is that for female players, their payment for playing for their countries could form a big part of their livelihood, but for the men, they've often already got a pretty generous pay packet from their clubs (hence why England players typically donate their fees) so you think just fucking pay them the same. It makes no difference to the men and a lot of difference to the women. And in the American situation in particular, the female team is more popular. And before they get too confident in their own money-making potential, the men only bring in more money because the tournament they (sometimes, haha) play in brings in more money. So the men's USA team are only bringing in loads of money because they're able to piggyback on the talents of Germany, Brazil, France, Argentina, etc, not on their own talents.

I agree with most of this, apart from the last sentence. The way I see it is the USA men’s team are competing against the best footballers in the world, so it’s far more entertaining.

Did you see USA vs Thailand in the women’s World Cup? I reckon I could put a team together with 10 mates that could have beaten the Thai team.

I don’t think people are sexist towards women, they just want to watch the best football.

For me, if you acknowledge the women aren’t as good, you can’t say I know you’d get battered by a League Two team, but you are woman so you can be paid as much as the people who are the best in the world at what they do.

Fuck it, I’ll identify as a woman and play in the women’s World Cup.

If men and women had to compete together, there wouldn't be many women making a living at any sport after a year.

No, both male and female athletes, representing their countries in the same sports should have pay parity. The same as if I were working in a company doing the same role as a female then I would expect pay parity.

With sports that are at domestic level and or non representative international competition, run by individual bodies, specifically for male only, or female only, then each competition will have their own pay structure.

However if male and female play each other, or with each other in the same event then both should be equally paid!

That’s my opinion, and I won’t change that!

I know you're saying it's your opinion, but then at the bottom of this quote you say

"However if male and female play each other, or with each other in the same event then both should be equally paid!

I can't think off hand of any major sport, other than tennis mixed doubles, where male and females play with or against each other. Therefore your argument of parity falls down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.