COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see what my employer makes of "non essential" contact. As of when I left tonight they were just dithering (and that's a government department!).

So how do we get tested if we aren't well because they're telling people not to contact the NHS if they suspect they have it and it's mild to moderate, so how do you then get tested?

Just a reminder, after today’s presser, that we have a new thread in the Politics Subforum for discussion related to the political influence and implications of the government’s response to COVID-19:

COVID-19: Political Discussion Thread

General discussion about the government’s response within the context of what is being requested or enforced, as well as posts better explaining the guidance given will be allowed in the ‘COVID-19 — Coronavirus’ thread. However, any posts regarding politics, party stances/comments, specific criticism of officials, and the like will go in the Political Discussion Thread.

The general ‘COVID-19 — Coronavirus’ thread is meant for discussion about the outbreak, the general science behind it and official responses, our own actions in response to the pandemic, general commiserations, and other non-political topics related to the outbreak.

People will be protected financially. Without one inkling of how. Like a political debate this, barely any definitive answers.

Be stern and strong. Enforce closures and don’t ask. We need leadership and guidance.
I saw that after that question, he wrote a note to himself. Maybe no one had mentioned it before a
It's quite funny watching in real time how someone can read an article from a nobody - an app designer - and decide that it's more trust worthy than the Chief Medical officer and Chief Scientific Officer & SAGE - the Scientific Advice Group for Emergencies.
Almost as funny as the government advice to avoid all non essential contact landing within minutes of this riposte...?

The message was clear enough bar what a conditions are in the serious health issue list. (The flu jab list on NHS website covers many people)

The rest was obvious and easy to uderstand, though people will ignore the pub advice unless forced

It'll not stop at a ban point either.

I run my own pub these days, and I shit you not, some of my regulars have asked for curtains to be put up in the event of a ban and would like me to continue trading. Not joking around. All very serious about it.

Naturally I've told them fuck off

My daughters school 3 teachers are self isolating they’ll be no one to teach them soon
We had two off today but pupil-wise, very ,mixed, one class had 8 pupils absent, others none. I can tell you 95% of our Polish parents have made the decision themselves and won't be sending their children in. Since this started we have had one email from the Local Authority. We don't know if we're still legally liable for the welfare of the children if the school closes - we're not in the holidays but this is completely unchartered territory. We've drawn up a list of our most vulnerable pupils (those on child protection plans; those with severe medical needs) and we may have senior staff checking on them but, again, does that go against the gov.advice? There are some very, very vulnerable kids/families and we cannot let them slip through the net on this. We also have 73% on Free School Meals. No information on what happens there. The idea that folk will stay away from pubs/clubs is fanciful. It needs putting in law. This isn't the time to prevaricate; it's time for decisive action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.