COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just been sent this by a family member. Not sure how credible it is but I wouldn’t be surprised.....

“Listen guys, don’t mean to scare anybody and obviously don’t shoot the messenger but my friend is pretty high up in the police force and has been told via the home office we are going on lockdown as of next week. 2 weeks to start with she’s been told. She’s just rang me now. What we do with this is up to us but I’m passing it on regardless and if it doesn’t happen then we have lots of food to eat. xxxxxx”

I'd be amazed if they do. The reason clinical trials are so long now is because of the Thalidomide tragedy. In this case it was causing horrible birth defects in new borns, which obviously is a long term thing. The bodies that approve these kind of things are extremely cautious as they know its better to be safe than sorry in case it only makes matters worse.

https://helix.northwestern.edu/article/thalidomide-tragedy-lessons-drug-safety-and-regulation

Safety is paramount, there's a reason why most people don't expect a vaccine within 12 months. Still, I guess they know about this. Much depends on the situation in the autumn. If we control the epidemic sufficiently well, then it won't be urgent to deliver the vaccine already before Christmas. If the situation is really bad though, both in terms of human and economic costs, governments will be desperate to use the vaccine as soon as possible. Extraordinary circumstances may change the safety protocol.

I’ve just been sent this by a family member. Not sure how credible it is but I wouldn’t be surprised.....

“Listen guys, don’t mean to scare anybody and obviously don’t shoot the messenger but my friend is pretty high up in the police force and has been told via the home office we are going on lockdown as of next week. 2 weeks to start with she’s been told. She’s just rang me now. What we do with this is up to us but I’m passing it on regardless and if it doesn’t happen then we have lots of food to eat. xxxxxx”
And that’s how panic buying starts.

Safety is paramount, there's a reason why most people don't expect a vaccine within 12 months. Still, I guess they know about this. Much depends on the situation in the autumn. If we control the epidemic sufficiently well, then it won't be urgent to deliver the vaccine already before Christmas. If the situation is really bad though, both in terms of human and economic costs, governments will be desperate to use the vaccine as soon as possible. Extraordinary circumstances may change the safety protocol.

This.
I think we should trust the health authorities in major countries to have a good idea of what is acceptably low risk - when tests show that point has been reached, then they'll allow it to be used.

A lockdown isn’t scary.

It’s the safest this country will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.