The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

That's what colour chickens are when they grow naturally and eat a diet of corn. The pasty white ones (that you normally see hundreds of) are that colour because they've been force grown in a mass production facility. It's not how a chicken should look.

It's also why those "yellow" ones are dearer, it costs far more to rear them.

You need to try one sometime, they actually taste of something!

I'm unusual in that I don't mind putting my ignorance out there, or, anywhere, because sometimes I get back little gems (or real nuggets) of knowledgeable information back, just like this. Obviously have had to put up with the downside of this habit too, but that's only broadened my shoulders and made me less bothered over what other people may think. Thanks for explaining the 'why', my ignorance is now less because of it. And I will.

Cant get about easily and potentially vulnerable so tried to order Tesco home delivery. No slots for three weeks. As l had already done the order l chose the next best option of click and collect on 30 March.
Now I find that many of the items l ordered have gone out of stock presumably to people, panic buyers or otherwise who have come along since. I dont know what will be left on my order until delivery so 13 days wasted in which i could have tried limited other options. Now all other home delivery options are booked for whole of March.
Well done Tesco you useless wankers. If the virus dont get me starvation will.

My wife has crohn's, can't get a toilet roll anywhere. Went to local newsagents and asked for old papers. Hope some people are happy.

My wife has crohn's, can't get a toilet roll anywhere. Went to local newsagents and asked for old papers. Hope some people are happy.
That takes me back.......cut sheets of newspaper stuck on a nail in the outside freezing bog.

Gorton extra quilted circa 1967.

Cant get about easily and potentially vulnerable so tried to order Tesco home delivery. No slots for three weeks. As l had already done the order l chose the next best option of click and collect on 30 March.
Now I find that many of the items l ordered have gone out of stock presumably to people, panic buyers or otherwise who have come along since. I dont know what will be left on my order until delivery so 13 days wasted in which i could have tried limited other options. Now all other home delivery options are booked for whole of March.
Well done Tesco you useless wankers. If the virus dont get me starvation will.

I have just last night emailed my council to ask if they are putting together a volunteer scheme and if I could be involved in that in a logistical capacity (It's what I do) I have as yet heard nothing back but hopefully they'll respond in the 3 day period stated on their website.

The way some people have been steam-rolled and left with next to nothing is disgraceful and we as a society need to start thinking about the isolated vulnerable not just the vulnerable within our own families.

Since we came back in mid-January I’ve been doing the shopping early doors to avoid other people. Usually around 7am but has gotten earlier each morning. Theres’s usually me, the staff and one or two other blokes in there. Today there was a queue outside the store to get in. As soon as the doors opened the locusts descended on the pasta and toilet rolls, what the Rucker they’re eating with the pasta god alone knows.

Walking round there was an old woman with two 24 packs of toilet role in her trolley, one or two other items. “You do know you’ve got enough there for almost a year don’t you?”
Carried on to see a different woman with three, yes three which is now the limit, 10kg bags of pasta. Within 5 minutes all the pasta had gone.

I wanted to get some lager, the premium lager is always on offer at four bottles for £6. So i checked with a supervisor could I get 4 and she said no, three was the limit. So instead of four Tiger beers I got three Tiger beers and a Cobra, Estrella, unfortunately, was sold out. What’s ridiculous is I could have got three crates of Amstel, and three crates of *name other drink they sell* as well as an additional three crates, but I couldn’t have four bottles of Tiger?

Next up was wine, three bottles she said. What three bottles of Malbec?, three of Sauvignon?, three of Shiraz etc etc, “no! Three bottles of red and three of white”. Fucking Philistine.
We nearly came to blows over my six bananas.....
All Smirnoff and Russian vodka gone, going to have to treat myself to some Belvedere or Grey Goose if vodka goes, no one panic buying them.

Best result was the pack of toilet rolls I could get my daughter as she had only one roll left and a pack of flour for my other daughter so her husband could make some pies.

I am fucking ashamed of this country.

When this is all done, I'm off.

I went to Sainsbury's in Sale this morning to get a birthday cake and pizza for my little girl's ninth birthday this weekend (had to cancel her party)

Everything, and I mean everything, was basically stripped from the shelves (it was 9am)

Fresh, non perishable, it was pretty much gone.

There was an elderly lady about 80-odd and she was having a panic attack right in the middle aisle. Nothing in her trolley and was tearing up when I went to see if she was okay?

She had wanted long-life milk and some toilet roll because she had none.

I told her to stay put and I would try and find a staff member to see if they had any in the stores being kept behind on the QT.

Nothing.

When I got back to the aisle, someone had taken the pizza out of my trolley.

The elderly woman was really apologetic.

She had nothing to apologise for.

Shouldn't even be going out.

Shameful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.