COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that on Thursday. I even took proof of age because I don't look as old as I am...

Needn't have bothered. Lots of younger customers.

Apparently yesterday and presumably Thursday were ‘learning days’ so they didn’t enforce it. That was certainly the case in Waitrose where my colleagues’ other half went. She asked the staff

I went to Tesco in Sale at about 9:15 and it was chocker full of old folk and general customers - someone needs 1) to enforce it and 2) help the older people get round a little quicker and out so they don’t have to mix and queue with the general public

G-Tech have developed ones that don't require electricity. They're hopeful to go into production in a week or two and they can produce 100 per day. They also seem willing to let other companies manufacture using their design.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.....medical-ventilator-manufactured-matter-days/
Looks a pretty simple contraption. I have to admit to being cynical when the government asked for them to be manufactured but maybe it was an inspired move. I cant see many F1 teams have difficulty manufacturing that.

Playing golf at Warrington this afternoon, haven't played for a month due to injury, can't wait. Hopefully the course will stay open for the duration. Stay fit and well everyone.

Not too much probably but it’s about reducing risk and buying food is essential.

Our first day as a family of self isolation. Feeling fed up all ready ! Not much food in the house , can we go and get food or do we need someone to do it for us ? Today is our normal shopping day that why we are abit low. I am abit nervous about asking someone to do our shop as i am putting them at risk by going into a shop that will probably be mostly empty.
My kid brother is also self isolating due to have copd, his wifes surprised birthday party is of as is his daughter's wedding, due to this.

I think it has really hit home in the last 12 hrs , I think we are all abit it wouldnt happen to us , but within the last 12hrs its rammed up. I am scared for my missus who is diabetic, for my kid brother with his breathing problems, I dont mind admitting I am now scared, very worried. My counciling for depression is cancelled, quite righty...I need to work on staying positive which I am sure I will

Keep safe everyone

Last edited:
For those over 70 year olds, completely appalled by yesterday's reports from BBC correspondents that isolation could last for 12 months, this is not the most likely explanation.

Please find below a tweet from the scientist whose work lies behind the current suppression model. The graphic (not his work but he endorses it) considers the medium term.

In particular see the timescale and 'the Dance'.

The BBC says to be aware of social media misinformation. They should perhaps consider that some of their own reports of 12 months of isolation are actually not supported by the best science. They are worse case scenarios.

I thought this was important to circulate as my over 70s parents were completely dismayed by the prospect of 12 months of this. They have new grandchildren who they are waiting desperately to see.

Last edited:
Our first day as a family of self isolation. Feeling fed up all ready ! Not much food in the house , can we go and get food or do we need someone to do it for us ? Today is our normal shopping day that why we are abit low. I am abit nervous about asking someone to do our shop as i am putting them at risk by going into a shop that will probably be mostly empty.
My kid brother is also self isolating due to have copd, his wifes surprised birthday party is of as is his daughter's wedding, due to this.

I think it has really hit home in the last 12 hrs , I think we are all abit it wouldnt happen to us , but within the last 12hrs its rammed up. I am scared for my missus who is diabetic, for my kid brother with his breathing problems, I dont mind admitting I am now scared, very worried. My counciling for depression is cancelled, quite righty...I need to work on staying positive which I am sure I will

Keep safe everyone
Although very difficult , try to keep your spirits up for you and your family blue we all have to be considerate and strong

While we fight each other over bog roll

Aw bless their uncertain Bavarian voices, sometimes you realize the world wouldn't be the same without your usual cultural rivals. I'm impressed by those large door roofs, they seem very functional.

Can anyone help me with advice please as I have read so much I am confused.

We are self isolating because my lads gf has been told to ( she works in hospital ). My lads bosses have told him to do the same, which means we have been told to as well by our surgery.

Can one of us go out and get food etc or do we have to get someone to shop for us ?

Thanks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.