COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone clarify the policy on essential workers who’s children are eligible to go back to school?

My wife is classed as an essential work but I’m not. Our school is saying that unless BOTH parents are classed as essential workers then our daughter is not eligible to go back to school. However other schools in our area are saying it only needs to be ONE parent (out of two) who needs to be classed as an essential work for their child to be allowed back to school.

Our school isn’t alone in having this “both” parents policy, but it seems wrong because I earn a lot more that my wife and I can continue to work from home, but this school policy means my wife will have to stay home to look after our daughter and not be able to work where she is desperately needed.

Anyone else affected by this?

if you can work from your home,why would your wife have to stay off to look after your daughter ?
you can do it

To be fair, I had forgotten I had quoted it once before. Still, it illustrates the point. Just over 3 weeks ago, I - one of the most alarmist on here probably - casually went for pub lunch without giving it a care in the world. How things have changed in only 3 weeks.

And unrelated, this self isolation lark is all well and good but my Mum is 85 and lives alone in Poynton, 200 miles from me. I've got an online shop coming for her on Tuesday (for which she will probably not get half the things ordered) and after that there are no delivery slots available from any of the supermarkets, nothing. It's not a question of slots being weeks off, there simply are none. WTF is someone supposed to do??? I had thought this shopping madness would calm down in a week or so, but it seems to have got worse. We got an online shop delivered last night and most of the essentials were absent. No milk, no bread. No substitutions, just nothing.

The government have to step in for the over 60's and supermarkets need to do something too. I've seen a few of the big chains are offering early hours only for the elderly but what's the point of self isolation if those most at risk are congregating in their hundreds at something as germ infested as supermarkets? It's clean bonkers.

They need to prioritise delivery spots for these people.

Any obvious reason why estate and letting agency offices have been omitted from the list of high street premises to be included with the widened range of business rates relief measures?

A young lad at work yesterday asked if I was going to a lockdown party last night.
Apparently this is what youngsters will do now

5m ago10:21

James Dart

Manchester United and Manchester City have donated a combined £100,000 to local food banks in a joint initiative between the clubs to fight the threat of coronavirus to the most vulnerable.

The move comes after Fans Supporting Foodbanks told the Guardian on Thursday it was launching a fund with MUFC Foodbanks to help schemes in the area.

In a joint statement, City and United said: “We are proud of the role our supporters play in helping local food banks and recognise the increased strain likely to be placed on these charities by the impact of coronavirus. We are pleased to come together with our fans to help vulnerable members of society in a City United.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.