COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good read on the evolving Govt strategy over the last 10 days, the division in opinion amongst scientists, ministers and officials and how rapidly (or not rapidly enough dependent on your viewpoint) we went from ‘herd immunity’ to shutting down pubs etc. Long story short. We went out on a bit of a limb, backtracked and with some reluctance went with the wider consensus. None of it is a great surprise as you could plainly see the Govt shift in messaging and strategy start last weekend.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/10-days-that-changed-britains-coronavirus-approach

Reports of people in West Africa overdosing on dehydroxychloroquine (an anti-viral in trials across the world).

I am getting confused between the epidemiologist Neil Ferguson, and the academic Niall Ferguson who are both commenting about C19.

Hoping the downward dip we saw in Spain's new cases yesterday is confirmed with another fall. The data moves around day to day and it's a bit unreliable I think because the number of new cases might move due to the number of tests a country does from day to day. Overall though it is clear that we have yet to see any sign of the epidemic breaking in Europe. I think a reasonable expectation is around a week.

I think the daily press conferences should have more detailed information from the medical advisors. what is their interpretation of the data seen in Iran, Italy, Spain, UK etc. How long before the measures we've taken have an effect, and what should we look for? What do their sample tests show?

Last edited:
Talk to your doctor - they are rapidly getting up to speed on Coronavidus and Potassium.
Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Squashes of all sorts, Broccoli, Kale, Bananas, Avocados are all Potassium rich and have to be taken in moderatition for some medical conditions.

Fuck me theres nowt in the shops as it is and you’ve just taken away the food we can possibly get

This is all bollocks. I get told to stay home and keep distance from people, but when I gotta pick up a bit of grub from the grocery store there is ten billion people. What's the point!?

Reactions: Vic
spain reaching italian numbers in next few days. 3355 new cases and 233 deaths in last 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.