TV Series

Was thinking. If you have £100,000 or more to play around with, invest it in Netflix shares. Their subscriptions must be going through the roof worldwide.
(I haven't got £100,000 or even £50,000. I haven't even got a subscription to Netflix, although I may fold in coming weeks).

terrible advice, you’d lose your shirt...

Be prepared for incoming sporadic internet blackouts

terrible advice, you’d lose your shirt...

Be prepared for incoming sporadic internet blackouts

I'd be staggered if that took place. The entire world, including especially the health services, is now completely internet dependent. Short blackouts, lasting a few minutes, maybe. Just maybe. The pandemic will be completely unmanageable without reliable internet. Indeed, government of any kind could not now take place.The internet will be absolutely the last thing to go. At that point, expect to see the four horseman of the apocalypse on the horizon.

I'd be staggered if that took place. The entire world, including especially the health services, is now completely internet dependent. Short blackouts, lasting a few minutes, maybe. Just maybe. The pandemic will be completely unmanageable without reliable internet. Indeed, government of any kind could not now take place.The internet will be absolutely the last thing to go. At that point, expect to see the four horseman of the apocalypse on the horizon.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ompanies-cut-speeds-europe-traffic-spikes.amp

Yes, I know about that already. Cutting download speeds and the quality of the image is not the same as the internet crashing. There may be short blackouts. We'll see. It doesn't matter much either way who's right. And it doesn't change my basic point, which is that hundreds of thousands of people, and possibly millions worldwide, will have been driven by this confinement to sign up to Netflix (or Amazon Prime, or the others) who were not previously on it. And that when all this is over a significant proportion of them will stay on it. As a say, I won't be investing in Netflix or anything else, because I don't have that kind of money. It was a semi-jokey remark, by the way. I don't seriously think that many people come on BM to decide about what to invest in.

all series of Boardwalk Empire

What was that like? I had someone recommend it to me, but I hesitate about his recommendations (on the other hand, he did recommend The Knick to me, I invested in the DVDs, and it was worth it).
Anybody here seen The Affair? It was highly recommended to me recently, but then I saw that they've somehow dragged it out to five full seasons. Has it really got the legs for that?

What was that like? I had someone recommend it to me, but I hesitate about his recommendations (on the other hand, he did recommend The Knick to me, I invested in the DVDs, and it was worth it).
Anybody here seen The Affair? It was highly recommended to me recently, but then I saw that they've somehow dragged it out to five full seasons. Has it really got the legs for that?
I thoroughly enjoyed it Lb.There are at least some true characters in the series,Hoover,Al Capone etc and some of it based on actual events.Corruption,sex and violence aplenty.

Boardwalk Empire is the greatest, the affair was decent to begin with but I gave up in series 3 so I wouldn’t say it had the legs for 5 seasons.

Boardwalk Empire is slow going series 1 but 2nd series is as good as it gets and carries on at that level for the rest of the show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.