An alternative team for Burnley

Asa's left peg

Team supported
Some team in the CFG
Hello. I was just wondering, here in self isolation land, and I thought, if I could send a team out to play Burnley and give Pep and the boys a game off. You know - the sort of Hough End super sunday league team - non of the passing stuff (which I enjoy), a sort of guilty pleasure.
Obviously it's 5-3-2 playing Burnley

GK
Eric Nixon

Defence
Thatcher
Ewing
Morrison
Doyle
Tiato

Midfield
Barton
De Jong
The god - Gerry Gow

Forwards
Bob Taylor
Franny Lee

Subs
Dickov
Bellamy
Vonk
Roy Paul

Any suggestions?

I seem to remember Dennis loved a little bit of physical contact. I watched a bit of the Cup Winners Cup final the other day, on the italian football site that was recommended by a poster. Franny wasn't bothered wether the ball was paricularly near, to start something.

Hartford, Reid ?

Yeah. Both lovely blokes, but you didn't take liberties with either. I was told a story about Asa and Malcom that happened in the dressing room, just before Asa left.

I was struggling for some madmen out on the wing. I could only think of Bellamy. I seem to remember Coleman had an atitude at least.

Remember Tueart debut v rags 13/03/74. He fucking clattered Alex Forsyth in front of the dug outs in first few minutes. Everyone knew he was going to be money well spent. Went on to headbutt Hartlepool captain in a feisty cup game too.

I used to work with a Burnley fan many moons back when Gow signed for them . I told him they were getting a great little combative player who would do well for them . I’m sure he got sent off early on in his career for them for a two footed waist high challenge that put the opposition player into the hoardings . I don’t think he ever became a Burnley fans favourite after that .
As for ASA , I bumped into him in the Mal at the beginning of the year . He looked like he could still last 90 minutes .
A proper hero of mine .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.