COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an operation booked for 7.30am this morning, they only booked it Friday the doctor got me in her office today and explained she was game for doing the op on Friday but since things have changed. They had a massive conference call with hospitals over the weekend where London hospitals were explaining the severity of what is to come for us up north. And to brace ourselves the doctor even said she had not expected things to get this bad. She explained they are worried about giving me the op not because there busy but because of the spread of Corona she said she was driving to work this morning wondering if she was crazy to go ahead with it, I explained I don't want the hospital to take any risks on my part but I cannot believe it was left to me to make these decisions she gave me 3 options have the normal op and get me tested but they cannot test the people carrying out. Have a lesser op but only highly sedated. Or not have it. She explained they had zero protective equipment from the coronavirus which I cannot believe. I decided to drive the hours journey home. The decision shouldn't of been down to me they should have called me beforehand I'm surprised there was no protocol in place on cases like mine. Now I've got a deformed face for the rest of my life thanks to the horrible bastards that jumped me whilst nipping out to get a takeaway for me and family. The whole hospital was changed around with signs on doors saying wards had moved it was completely empty also. So maybe we don't these services as much as some people think using a and e for silly minor injuries. I was never expecting this op to go ahead I was surprised on friday when they booked in and it didn't get cancelled. She asked me if I was one of the silly idiots out the piss on Friday I haven't left the house other hospital appointments and school pickup. She was happy with how serious we have took as a family but she seemed very worried about all this.

Greece - number of cases rises to 624, with 15 fatalities

Another 360 deaths in Lombardy

New York State announces 4,800 new cases of COVID-19

The total is now 15,168, Governor Andrew Cuomo said.

The number of deaths has risen to 114.

sorry for the utterly depressing posts

I don't know about depressing mate, it's bloody terrifying. People have got to wake the fuck up and start thinking "If I get this, and am one of the 10%, 15% who needs hospital treatment, there isn't going to be any. And if I am one in two or three of those who need ICU, then I am going to die". Now do I want to stay in or not??? Hmmmmmmm... Let me think.

I don't know about depressing mate, it's bloody terrifying. People have got to wake the fuck up and start thinking "If I get this, and am one of the 10%, 15% who needs hospital treatment, there isn't going to be any. And if I am one in two or three of those who need ICU, then I am going to die". Now do I want to stay in or not??? Hmmmmmmm... Let me think.
Just think only a week ago people were pushing herd immunity. Horrific

its just a suguestion from the OP and worth debate or shall we discuss loo rolls lol, TBH saying its a pretty bad weapon 'if it was' and could have done a lot better, to destroy the worlds economy within what 12 weeeks aint bad going if that was the intent
It’s also worthy of note that western society was always going to be more vulnerable than the rest of the world to such an outbreak because of our social attitudes and demographics.

Production on Coronation Street and Emmerdale will stop from Monday because of Covid-19, ITV says

The broadcaster said: "ITV has sadly taken the decision to suspend production of the soaps Coronation Street and Emmerdale with effect from Monday March 23.

"We've been doing our best to carry on filming, whilst adhering to the Government's latest health guidelines, to ensure we've episodes of both soaps airing on ITV until at least the early summer.

"However, the health and well-being of the production teams, actors, crew and their families is of paramount importance to us and we now feel that the time has come to stop filming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.